Baby Names
Options

Which girl name goes with my boys?

So I'm still in shock but we found out Friday that we're having a girl! Our 3 boys are Matthew, Andrew & Benjamin. I like names that are slightly less traditional as well but DH always gravitates to the very traditional boy names (we've never seriously disucussed girl names ha!). I always loved the name Evelyn and I do think it goes nicely with our boys names, but I'm a little bummed it has gotten more popular in the last 7 years. Not that our boy names are popular. Anyway lately I've also been liking Stella for a girl. Is that awful with our boys names? I also like (but don't love) the name Nora because my grandmas names are Norma and Eleanor and it kind of combines them. Any thoughts or other suggestions that go well with our boy names??
 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Which girl name goes with my boys?

• Options
    Some other suggestions that may help: Abigail, Emily, Erin, Katherine, Jillian, Jennifer, Lauren, Rachel and Sarah. These are traditional girls names to me. For non traditional, I liked your suggestion of Stella. It's different.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think Evelyn and Nora both ho fantastic with your boys names.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lenore? Lenora? Elenore?

I had a Stella in my class two years ago and that name really grew on me. Better than Evelyn anyway and not as popular.
  • Options
    I really like Stella.
  • Options
    Evelyn is pretty but I've never been a fan of Stella. Here are some names that are somewhat traditional but not super popular.

Matthew, Andrew, Benjamin and

Evangeline
    Carolyn
    Daphne
    Eliza
    Cecilia
    Sabrina
    Allison
    Julia
    Gwendolyn
    Claudia
    Helena
    Genevieve
    Margot
  • Options
    I know a little girl named Bethany. It's super cute on a toddler and fits her well, but it's classic and ages well.
  • Options
    emilyray14emilyray14 member
    edited September 2015
    All 3 of your options are wonderful. My favorite would be Nora, then Stella, then Evelyn. I'll suggest Naomi and Elizabeth, and ditto PP's suggestions of Lauren, Rachel and Bethany.
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • Options
    What about Eloise, Lilith, Charlotte?
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    I think Nora fits really well.
  • Options
    Thank you for all the input and suggestions, I really appreciate it.  A lot of the names you suggested were names we threw around when we thought DS1 might be a girl (Caroline & Allison were our front runners).  I also love Julia but our last name is Caesar so that would be a little hokey in my opinion.  
    I mentioned Stella to DH this morning and he didn't hate it, which is saying a lot!  He's no where near wanting to commit to a name yet since we have until March.
  • Options
    Honestly, you can do no wrong with any of those options. And I flippin' LOVE your boys' names. I've met one Evelyn, no Stellas, and a boatload of Noras. I vote Stella or Evelyn.
    It's a boy! Born 42 weeks, 2 days.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love Evelyn and complements your boys' names nicely.
    Married 10/4/2014 (10-4, good buddy!)
    Baby Boy #1 born 1/9/17
    Baby Boy #2 EDD 11/4/18
    "It's when you know you're licked before you begin, but you begin anyway and see it through no matter what.  You rarely win, but sometimes you do."  -Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

• Options
    What are your thoughts on Estelle/a with nn Stella? I like it much better and think it fits a little better with your very classic/traditional boy names and gives her more options if there are lots of little Stella's in your area. That said, the only Stella's I know are dogs, so my association isn't great :)

Evelyn is also beautiful but I've heard it a lot lately.
    Anniversary 
  • Options
    All I can think of with Stella is Rocky yelling the name.  I am not a huge fan of Evelyn or Nora due to the popularity.  What about Leona, Lydia, Noelle, Natalie, Alice, Amy, Maggie, Lucy, Molly.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    @mrstrax thanks that's a great suggestion! I don't know of any other Stellas off hand and I have two kids in school so I'm thinking its not too popular here yet. But I love the idea of having a formal name and a nn.
    Random but ever since naming our son benjamin we've called him Benny (not intentionally and we are trying to stop!) but I've met like 5 dogs named Benny. Ugh! As if I didn't want to stop using Benny bad enough before I really do now!
  • Options
    I think a traditional name would match best with your boys names, but matching isn't the most important thing in the world and non of the names you listed would be bizarre with your sibset. Evelyn and Nora feel a little over done to me (not sure of their popularity ranking but I've heard lots of little kids with these names), but they're still nice names. Stella is pretty and refreshing. 
    imageimage

• Options
    mgrulke said:

All I can think of with Stella is Rocky yelling the name.  I am not a huge fan of Evelyn or Nora due to the popularity.  What about Leona, Lydia, Noelle, Natalie, Alice, Amy, Maggie, Lucy, Molly.

I think you are confusing Rocky and A Streetcar Named Desire.
    Rocky yells "Adrienne" and Stanley yells "Stella".

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    Stella is much  more popular than Evelyn or Nora in my area. All of them are fabulous, but I gravitate toward Eleanor/Nora(h). Lydia might be nice...
    The Journey of a Thousand Miles begins with One Step.

1998 Ovarian Cancer Survivor. 7 Miscarriages: 6w, 13w2d, 4w2d, 7w4d (DD's twin), 5w. Failed Tubal after c/s (!!): 5w2d, 6w4d

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @PeridotEyes what is a nickname for Lydia?
  • Options
    I think you are confusing Rocky and A Streetcar Named Desire. Rocky yells "Adrienne" and Stanley yells "Stella".
  • Options
    I think Evelyn or Nora work perfectly with your boys. I don't think either are too popular. Stella is a little more "spunky" in my opinion.
  • Options
    I like Norah :)