June 2015 Moms

What do you do while feeding baby?

Feeding LO can take up a lot of my time. I'm usually on my phone bumping, Facebooking, or playing Words with friends. I'm looking for a few new games to try out. I like word games or puzzles that keep my brain sharp. Any suggestions? What do you like to do while feeding LO?

Re: What do you do while feeding baby?

• KaLikeAWindKaLikeAWind member
    edited September 2015
    Soduku. Freecell solitaire. I have a fun card game called Fairway Solitaire that is a fun twist on solitaire with golf as a premise - there is usually 3 or 6 'holes' (card set ups) per 'green' (set of deals) and each hole has a 'par' (number of cards remaining on the board when done with the deck). Each day there are new challenges (ex - finish the hole without drawing more than 2 cards in a row). Also you can get 'wild shots' where you play a mini game (putting game, farthest drive, find the card) for extra $. Its pretty fun. Since every day they add an additional 3 greens with a challenge attached to each gteen, no matter what there is something new to do every day. If you like solitaire / card games, I'd check it out.

I also play Fallout Shelter. Think the Sims, Fallout style

Edited - 'fame' vs 'game'
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • How long do your babies nurse??? I barely have time to bump. I guess my 20 pounder is really efficient!
  • Loading the player...
  • 2048 is a fun "math" puzzle - more like a numbers strategy game
  • Sometimes 45 min-hour! It depends on burping, falling asleep at the boob, and level of hunger. My shortest night feed has been half an hour. My LO eats every 2-2 1/2 hours.
  • Bump, crush candies, watch tv. Mindless stuff. Good to hear that your LO's are sometimes doing 10min. She went from 15ish minutes for months to like 8-10'min. She'll pop off and cry but refuse the other side for like 15min. I'm paranoid she's not getting enough so I've been feeding her every 90 min.
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Found a new word search type app called wordbrain a few weeks ago that us pretty fun.

I usually bump, online shop, check fb, or read on my Kindle. I try to focus on lo until she's asleep and then I do whatever I want (I let her nap on top of me at home bc it makes the naps like twice as long). She eats fast...usually 10 minutes or less.
  • 2048 is a fun "math" puzzle - more like a numbers strategy game

Well, I've now become a new 2048 addict. This is the kind of game I love!

• But as LO's gotten more efficient (usually 10 mins or less), I've tried to put everything down and just focus on this time together.
    I'm kind of rolling my eyes at myself, when I see it typed out like that... But I know this time is fleeting, he's so sweet when he's eating, and it's kind of like a meditation to connect me with LO.

I agree about making a point to just be in the moment. Not all 45 minutes neccessarily, but just making sure to soak up the moment the best you can.

When I'm not soaking in the moment, I'm either just watching TV, checking Facebook, The Bump, or window shopping online.
  • I bump, play Yahtzee With Buddies, watch tv. Like many of the others, LO eats in 10 minutes or less. I try to savor the moment, but she usually stares straight ahead while eating.
  • Word Rush is fun.
    It's kind of like solitary Boggle, but the letters have point values. Might not be a good game while breastfeeding (you're racing the clock, and my LO hates when I move or tap the iPad when feeding him), but it's a fun one more generally.
  • I'm beginning to think I'm a human pacifier. X_X

I think this sometimes, too. Especially since we know I don't produce much. I honestly don't usually hear him swallowing after the first maybe 8 minutes or so, but still leave him for his full 15 minutes per side because he he likes it. Otherwise he'd break off, right? Sometimes its totally obvious,he's just laying there with boob in his mouth and his mouth is barely moving at all. But try to move away and all of a sudden he's like 'No! I'm eating, see!?' So between all of this and his bottle of formula after it takes an hour to feed him, so I'm right up there with you for long feeding times. I take a few minutes each time just to put my hand on his head or hold his little hand and just look at him each time, say something sappy to him, but since I'm feeding for the long haul I usually end up doing other stuff after a while.
  • I read on my iPad, play with my phone, or bump!
  • I play the simpsons tapped out, and always read what's going on around here lol
  • Bump, words with friends, facebook, but mostly try to get my 14.5 month old to stop climbing on me/LO or check to make sure she's not doing something bad in another room. Thankfully, LO only nurses 15-20 min.
    I savor the times when I get to nurse her in peace!
  • I bump or try to watch my shows! This morning dh was making so much noise while I was pumping and feeding I could watch the new ep of svu :(
  • Bump, shop on Amazon, watch Netflix (I'm really into "Bones" right now), eat, talk on the phone, and sometimes I just stare at LO because he is so darn precious and I'm obsessed with him.
  • ^^^ahhh. I love Bones!
  • Bump, shop on Amazon, watch Netflix (I'm really into "Bones" right now), eat, talk on the phone, and sometimes I just stare at LO because he is so darn precious and I'm obsessed with him.

I love that you can talk on the phone! If I talk too loud, my kid's face crumples like I'm yelling at him, and his cry is so sad that I almost cry, too. I've taken to barely talking while he eats, because if I upset him it's just too heartbreaking.

Old (pre-baby) me would roll her eyes SO hard at this!!
  • @cait7425 I'm kind of addicted. I even watch it when LO falls asleep at night.

@virginiaunicorn11 As long as it's during the day I can pretty much do anything. I don't think an atomic bomb could distract him from the boob.

If it upset him, I would never do it! There is nothing worse than a sad baby.