March 2015 Moms
Options

Crawling

Mummy0315Mummy0315 member
edited September 2015 in March 2015 Moms
Any little ones already crawling yet? If so, how old were they when they started?

Re: Crawling

• Options
    Also, did they sit on their own before they crawled?
  • Options
    Mine can sit on her own for awhile and she can move all around the floor but refuses to crawl forward only backwards
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine has been sitting on his own for about a month. He's 6 months. Not crawling yet - he gets up on his knees and rocks though...then he sort of splats down. HI-larious.
  • Options
    Mine is sitting and can scoot backwards on his tummy but not really crawling. He's 6 months
  • Options
    Mine is 6 months and can sit on his own for a few seconds, and then finds it hilarious when he face plants. Despite all that, he seems pretty close to crawling. He's scooting everywhere and will kind of drag himself around propped up on his forearms.
  • Options
    My little man is 6 months can't sit on his own yet but army crawls all over. I have to constantly put things up to block him from going somewhere he shouldn't. He loves that he can move now. He uses his legs and forearms but can't actually get up to crawl yet. It's adorable though when he gets moving.
  • Options
    Mine just turned 6 months last week's been sitting on his own for a month and a half. He's been arming crawling for about 2 weeks and is fast

BFP 7/4/2014 EDD 3/9/2015
  • Options
    My little guy just turned six months and started taking a couple crawling steps this week. He's been bouncing on all fours for about a month and sitting up on his own since four months. I think the real clue that he was about to start crawling was when he started pushing himself up to sit on his own. (until just last week he enjoyed sitting by himself but needed help getting into the position)
  • Options
    My LO is 6 months old, and has been sitting up on his own and crawling since last month. He started rolling over from front to back to front again when he was 3 months old. Now he's all over the place and I have to run around grabbing him! He's so much less frustrated now that he's mobile; he used to get so angry when he couldn't get around on his own. :))
  • Options
    My LO is also 6 months and I can't get her to stay still ever. She has been crawling since about 4 months. It started as an inch worm type crawl. Head first then butt then legs. She has been good at sitting up once I put her in that position for about a month now but in the last week she's gone from laying straight on her back to sitting up on her own!
  • Options
    I think our sons are twins, mine is the same and has been pulling up for a bit now too. Where did our little slugs go?? Was yours a late baby.... I attribute his muscle strength to being late. You??
  • Options
    @rtrout10 Funny that you mention late babies. My friend and I both had our LOs at 41 weeks (hers is a year old now) and my SIL had all hers early (3-10 days) and I had noticed a bit of a difference in developmental milestones being met slightly earlier by our later babies. I have speculated that the extra time cooking is what did it!
  • Options
    I agree with your "late baby" theory. My LO came at 37 weeks, my cousin had hers about 2 weeks after at 41 weeks. Her kid is already pulling to a standing position, crawling, saying "mum mum" and sitting unassisted. My LO has only started getting into crawling mode and wiggling. Every time she posts stuff I'm like "WTH?!?"
  • Options
    My LO went 10 days past his due date and he is crawling and pulling himself up at 6 months. Maybe there's something to this late bake theory:)
  • Options
    Maybe it's God's little joke for all of us who suffered through that extra week? Lol... I know I was very impatient after my due date came and went! But thankfully it all evens out in the end. I am just amazed at all the little skills that I can see my LO learning... Looking back at her newborn pictures is a good reminder of everything that she has learned!
  • Options
    My 6 month old isn't crawling yet! Sitting up and rolling everywhere but hasn't made it up on his knees yet!
  • Options
    Mine LO turns 7 months in a few days and she started sitting up about 5.5 months and she just started crawling this week! And she can pull herself up to her feet!
  • Options
    My baby is so laid back and lazy. Haha.!! He has absolutely no desire to move.. He will pull things towards him instead of moving or just give up! He will scooch on his back across the floor every now and then, but that's it. He Will not stay on his tummy but will sit up on his own forever!! It's crazy how babies develop differently. He was a week late and did not want to come out!