Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

I'm confused....

I started temping this month so FF is telling me that I ovulated this past Tuesday according to my temps. However, I also started using the Clearblue fertility monitor this month and it has said low each day. I only test once first thing in the morning because I work f/t and doing it another time (aside from at night) just isn't an option. Thoughts?

Re: I'm confused....

• Options
    It takes a while for the hormone to build up in your system, which is why most Drs recommend testing btwn 2 and 8 pm. Most women won't turn an OPK in the morning.
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    bsckgb7bsckgb7 member
    edited September 2015
    Can you link your chart?

ETA:  If you started charting in the middle of the cycle, maybe that's the confusion?  Also, I have never able to turn an OPK. I couldn't turn an OPK any time of the day.  

AL_TwinCities - The CB tell you to use FMU. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What pp said.  Also why can't you test at work?  I work full time as well and test discreetly in the bathroom twice a day.

That being said, I only got one, very brief, positive last cycle (negative at 11AM, positive at 2PM, negative at 5PM) so OPKs don't seem to work for everyone.

• Options
    I'm not sure how to link my chart but will try to do so when I get a chance. I didn't start charting in the middle of my cycle. I started on either day 1 or 2 I believe. 
  • Options
    Also, I suppose I could test at work but I'm not sure how I have the patience to sit there for 5 minutes. I used a different type of OPK last month using FMU and got a "yes."  
  • Options
    bsckgb7 said:

AL_TwinCities - The CB tell you to use FMU. 

Interesting! Weird it would be different for CB than all other OPKs. Everything I read on TB about CB is people bitching about it - wondfos are my jam (cheaper and work for me). Sorry my advice wasn't relevant!
    me 30; DH 35
    TTC since May 2014.
    Aug 2014 BFP, EDD April 22, 2015. Low progesterone, started suppositories. Loss at 5w6d.
    Nov 19, 2015 BFP at 13 dpo, EDD July 29, 2016. MMC discovered 12/29 (9+4). Natural miscarriage 1/16 (12+1).
    AMH results 0.42, 1.2; FSH 12.1, AFC 10, dx DOR. 
    RPL testing results normal. Nurse recommended progesterone suppositories in TWW.
    Clomid + trigger + TI cycle August 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Femara + trigger + TI cycle December 2016 - failed. Thin lining.
    Short LP (8 days).
    Acupuncture & Chinese herbs starting January 2017, lengthened LP to 10 days 

Summer 2016 LFAF awards: 

Winter 2016/2017 LFAF awards:

• Options
    prettysmile40  If you care using your phone you can take a screen shot of your chart and then attach it to your post. 
    Married: August 2012
    TTC #1: July 2015
    BFP 1: October 30, 2015; EDD: July 6, 2016- Team Pink
    TTC #2: September 2019

• Options
    I've never ever gotten a +opk. But I do ovulate. You can't always count on them!
    image image
  • Options
    I've never ever gotten a +opk. But I do ovulate. You can't always count on them!
    Same here.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I use my CB digital OPK with FMU, then wondfo's the rest of the day (1 afternoon, 1 evening) to see if they line up, and because wondfo's are so cheap. Also, I like peeing on things X_X
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I use CB digital opk (not "advanced" so its pos or neg only) with fmu and have gotten positives both cycles I've used them. The instructions say to use them once a day at the same time with no urination for 4 hours beforehand and no excessive fluid intake and that fmu is fine. I find it very hard to meet those requirements every day at a time other than the morning- when I work out I go right after work so that throws those things off
  • Options
    I don't use OPKs, but I will also say that you can't always trust the first Crosshairs FF gives you. I obviously haven't seen your chart, but for me both cycles I've temped FF has given me crosshairs early and then changed it later when I've actually ovulated. So if you feel your CM and OPKs aren't indicating ovulation, keep having sex because FF is not omniscent. Its just a data analysis program.
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• Options
    Lurking :-)
    I stopped using opks because they were extremely unreliable (for me)...they definitely don't work for everyone. What worked better for me was temping for a few months and finding my ovulation pattern (I was ovulating on day 15 every month).
    From what I've heard it's best to not use fmu for opks.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    I've only gotten a positive OPK once in three cycles of tracking. However, because of temping I do know for a fact that I've ovulated. Some women choose not to use OPK altogether because they aren't as reliable as they appear.

If after a couple cycles you haven't gotten a positive OPK, or your BFP, I would recommend switching to a cheaper brand like Wondfo or ditching them all together. Good luck!
  • Options
    I use Wondfos and will test 3-4 times a day if the test line is getting closer to the control. Sometimes people will only be positive for a handful of hours, so testing once a day won't catch it. I recommend getting Wonfos to POAS at will.

• Options
    Thanks All. To make matters worse FF changed its mind this morning and now says that I didn't ovulate yet. I don't believe that as I should be getting my AF next week. I also have gotten "lows" each day on my fertility monitor. I get my AF regularly each month. 
  • Options

Thanks All. To make matters worse FF changed its mind this morning and now says that I didn't ovulate yet. I don't believe that as I should be getting my AF next week. I also have gotten "lows" each day on my fertility monitor. I get my AF regularly each month. 

Its okay to disagree with FF. FF and I fight more than two catty Jr. High girls. Crosshairs are nice, but if you indicate a pattern through OPKs, temps and cm (and cervical position if you use that) use your best judgement.
    Me: 29, DH: 32
    Married: July 22, 2008
    Fur babies: Phoenix and Yeti (both cats). 
    TTC#1 since: May 2015
    September 2016- Infertility Testing
    dx: Low Progesterone, Vitamin D Deficiency, Borderline PCOS
    Treatment: 
    October 2016-January 2017- Metformin, Clomid/Letrozole, hcg trigger, progesterone
    IUI- 2/17/2017 BFP 3/2/2017! 

• Options
    Thanks for the validation, MandyBeeSLP. I haven't been very good with checking my CM so I am not sure how to know if I ovulated or not.