December 2015 Moms
Options

Flu shot and fever

I got my flu shot and Rhogam shot yesterday morning, and now I'm up at 2am with a low fever and bad chills/body aches... I know that vaccines can trigger responses like this though I've never experienced one... 27w2d do I wait it out or go in and see a dr?

Re: Flu shot and fever

• Options
    If your temp is 100.4 or higher I would go get it checked out. I'm sorry you feel so crappy :( Hopefully some sleep will help, if you can get any, that is.
  • Options
    I take it they didn't give you instructions for if this came up? If there's an after hours number or on-call number maybe you could call that and see what they recommend. However if you have a high fever I would want to be seen. Of course this is my opinion.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's not uncommon to experience mild symptoms with the administration of a vaccine as your body is working and doing what it is supposed to do to create the necessary antibodies. If it persists beyond a day or so or your fever escalates it would be wise to see your provider. That is usually pretty rare and it sounds like your body is doing exactly what it's supposed to do.
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Options
    I'm definitely better now than I was through the night but I've never reacted that way to a flu shot. Thanks ladies hopefully I'll be 100% again soon.
  • Options
    Glad you're feeling better!
  • Options
    ** and I know it's totally normal to happen it just scared me a little being pregnant and caught me off guard ☺️