May 2016 Moms
Options

Can't keep anything down.....

I haven't been able to keep anything down since toast this am. This is awful. My last pregnancy was nothing like this. For you ladies who have already had an apt did you ask for any medication to help with the nausea?? If so, what did they prescribe/side effects to baby?

Thanks!!

Re: Can't keep anything down.....

• Options
    I feel your pain. I am nauseous from morning until night, nothing is coming up, but sometimes I wish it would just so I can have temporary relief!

My doctor said to take 25mg of B6 every 6 hours but only until the first trimester is over but I would definitely consult your doctor about that before you start. Drink a TON of water. And it has also really helped me to take my prenatal vitamin at night- it's less harsh on my stomach.

Hope this helps!

• Options
    There are preggie pops at babie r us and toys r us that are life savers! I had to use them for the first 16 weeks with my last pregnancy! Or the have a nausea wrist band that's great too
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    With that level of vomiting, I urge you to see a doctor ASAP. They can give you medication to help.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    If you can't keep water down either you should definitely call your doctor. Don't let yourself get too dehydrated!
  • Options
    I'm quite nauseous, but haven't puked and my GP already prescribed me diclectin (diclegis in the US I believe). First time taking it tonight, so we'll see how tomorrow goes. Just make sure to get something ASAP if you can't keep anything down. My sister had awful MS throughout the day with intense vomiting and ended hospitalized for dehydration, and then again because of kidney stones that likely developed as a result of the dehydration.
  • Options
    I'm super nauseous all day. Dry heaving. It's terrible. Diclegis made me worse. Now have Phenergan and I don't think it's helping either. Haven't found anything to give me relief. It totally sucks.