Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

stay at home mom advice

Im a new mother and I want advice on being a stay at home mom. I plan on not working for the next 2 years. 
We want another baby by 2017-18 so I guess I wont be working for a while but we'll see when we get there lol.

Im basically curious about the routine moms develop once you're a stay at home mom. 
Ex. Workout, Shopping, Alone time, Spending time with your man etc etc!

Is it hard to juggle?

Im very interested in working out with my newborn and getting my body back! 
So I want to know how to go about it. 
How has it worked for other moms?

Re: stay at home mom advice

• Options
    It took awhile to get into a routine. For the first month or two, I mostly lounged around the house and got a handle on nursing. I started finding baby friendly things to do. Such as breastfeeding support groups, mommy and me yoga, and local mom groups.

Most of my workouts involve babywearing while walking, either just doing routine things like grocery shopping or taking a hike with my husband. A jogging stroller is another option (once your doctor/midwife clears you for exercise).

We didn't leave our son with any babysitters for a long time. We still went on dates, but we would see a matinee with baby in a sling (he nursed and slept through most movies for at least five months), and went out for lunch instead of dinner.

I usually do routine shopping alone. Before he could sit up, I usually wore my baby (propping the carseat on top of the stroller isn't safe). If we shopped together, one of us pushed the stroller while the other pushed the cart.

The hardest part is when I need to do something like a dentist appointment. I have to schedule around my husband's work schedule because its hard to find anyone to babysit during the day.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I second finding groups of other parents to exercise with. Not only do you get exercise but you get to spend quality time with baby and meet other new moms. I am part of a group that takes our little out in jogging strollers. We jog 1/4-1/2 mile, stop and do exercises (one of the moms is a personal trainer) and then jog some more. Good fun!