January 2016 Moms
Options

Kicking super low?

Does anyone else feel like LO is kicking super low? I was joking the other day saying that it feels like her feet are going to just dangle out!

My first DD kicked mostly up by my ribs at all times. This is such a crazy feeling! I love every minute!!

Re: Kicking super low?

• Options
    My little peanut is also kicking really low. And I don't mind at all, loving every minute of it.
  • Options
    Low for me too!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here! All the kicks I feel are below my belly button. But I'm a FTM, so I don't have anything to compare this pregnancy to. Everyone keeps telling me "just wait until he gets bigger, then you'll really feel him in your ribs!" We'll see!
  • Options
    I'm STM, this is different for me also. Mine are all very low as well. Don't be alarmed, but atleast I was told it's because my baby is breech at this point. Mine are down well below belly button right now.
  • Options
    Mine are low too. But he's breach and sitting low.
  • Options
    Yes, honestly it feels like he's directly kicking my bum
  • Options
    Last night I honestly felt them like in the groin. Soooo low! It's early still so breech is no biggie.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yup, my LO is super low pretty often too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • Options
    I only feel kicks low and assume it's because of my anterior placenta.
  • Options
    LO was breech at my last u/s so I've been feeling lower kicks, too. :) don't care where I feel them at this point, though, just happy to feel them! :D
  • Options
    I get lots of low kicks :) all the way down as if he is right on my cervix! Turns out he is actually head down, so maybe it's little punches or flips.
  • Options
    Yes, all of baby girls kicks have been really low but she is also breech still. I can't wait for her to turn around so DH and our kids can feel her moving around.
  • Options
    I'm getting low kicks too and my baby was head down a couple weeks ago. But he was in a ball so who knows! This is much better than the ribs! My first was always in my ribs!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    wow, I Thought I Was crazy! I was ready to ask u ladies this yesterday :-) our baby girl is making movements really low, too!! I was thinking this just cannot be, but may be!! Ftm, so def no idea how it should feel :-) sooooo excited & happy to be feeling anything!! :-) thanks to everyone on this board! U girls are great & def a great support :) enjoying this very special journey & loving every moment...can't wait to meet our little girl, it still seems surreal ;-)
  • Options
    Mine were all low in the beginning. This week I've gotten a few above the belly button and getting closer to my ribs. Almost 25 weeks.
  • Options
    Still kicking low for me at 21+5

• Options
    My son is what they call transverse (head on the right feet on the left) has been since the first u/s. I feel movement everywhere lately down there more like kicks and not him moving his hands. I'm praying he's already in position.
  • Options
    I'm a STM and with my first I only remember feeling kicks up high. This time I've been mostly feeling them way down low. The last week or so I've had a few up higher in my belly but still the majority are down low. I'm hoping the higher ones start happening more frequently so daddy and big brother can feel them!
  • Options
    Mine is low too. She is super active today and started kicking and flumping around 4am this morning and didn't stop keeping me awake! It is very cute but less kicks to the bladder would be awesome. My husband was able to feel them properly for the first time this morning which was such a lovely moment. :-)
  • Options
    Same with me. Baby was in breech position at AS. Feeling movement super low and I'm still not used to it so it makes me laugh while I'm in class. Accounting isn't funny so my classmates probably think I'm crazy. :))
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I guess it's typical for earlier on! I feel mine all almost in exactly the same spot, at the VERY bottom of my bump, basically halfway between my belly button and where my pubic hair starts. So far I'm still carrying low and she's chilling on my bladder in most ultrasounds, so it makes sense. It's too early to be concerned about where she is or which way she's facing, I'll worry about it later :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My ultrasound tech (who is not an ob so could be incorrect I suppose) said the reason you mostly feel it low is that there is less fat on your tummy down lower, that the fat on your tummy can act like a cushion, absorbing the movement so it's not as easy to feel where there is more fat until the baby is big enough to kick harder. Now I'm not sure how accurate this is as I feel like I've got a fair bit of fat on my tummy, and I CAN feel kicks above my belly button... But it's a theory I suppose.
  • Options
    @ashhsa That SEEMS to make sense! I know it is definitely firmer down where I feel the kicks...then again it also makes sense that babies take awhile to get higher as your uterus rises and some of us just aren't there yet, so either way :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've got kicks very low as well. Occasionally I can feel him kick just right that I feel it in my vagina...kind of a strange sensation, but he is definitely moving the wall of my lady bits! When lying flat on my back he is moving from pelvic bone to belly button.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • Options
    I too am feeling movements very low down, but at my last scan baby was laying with the head under my belly button and legs up to the right hand side just above my pelvic bone.
    I can feel the kicks against my hip by it bloody hurts!!! But majority of movements I feel are from baby's arms lower down almost at the pubic line!!
  • Options
    I'm 23 weeks, and I've been feeling low kicks, or punches for about a week now. Sometimes it feels like shocks, I just drink something cold to try and make him move. Although it doesn't always work.
  • Options
    I always felt it down low, as he is constantly breech. But today I saw him move my whole stomach by my belly button. And then he kicked my husband in the face. It was epic.
  • Options
    Lucky ladies. At first I thought I was feeling my daughter kick but now I'm just not too sure. It felt low but I think I just imagine it or it's just gas lol.