Texas Babies

Eating....

So Luci has bumped up to eating anywhere from 5 to 6 oz's every 4hrs. She will typically sleep thru the night (5hr stretches or all night in some instances) and not wake to feed.  A typically day is right around 24ozs or more.  While that is nice, things have been kind of odd the last 3 days.  When I start to feed her she does great but then she starts to fidget like she needs to burp.  So we stop, burp and try to finish up.  Here's the problem, she screams bloody murder when we stop to burp and once she burps she will not finish eating on most occasions.  I have to let her forget about eating and then try to feed her again.  We just got on the right track  w/ formula (we are now using Similac Isomil).  She has been doing great up until 3 days ago.  I am out of town in another state and am a little nervous.  Anyone have any ideas?  Feedings are starting to stress me out again and we just got on the right track two weeks ago!

Re: Eating....

• I don't have a baby yet obviously :o) but a lot of the moms on Multiples talk about reflux. Is she spitting up a lot?

How much does she eat before she fidgets?

• I was going to suggest the same thing...I'd call the doc and ask about reflux...it sounds like it might be that

?

Hope things are going a little better! ?

• Loading the player...
  • I am way late to this post, sorry! When DD was about that age, we were having the same problem. I asked the doc about it, thinking it was probably reflux. But, he said he thought we were feeding her too much. After talking to her pedi, we moved it down and she stopped screaming right after eating. You might try it just to see! I hope everything gets better for you! I remember how hard that was. Sad
  • imageaandaw012707:
    I am way late to this post, sorry! When DD was about that age, we were having the same problem. I asked the doc about it, thinking it was probably reflux. But, he said he thought we were feeding her too much. After talking to her pedi, we moved it down and she stopped screaming right after eating. You might try it just to see! I hope everything gets better for you! I remember how hard that was. Sad

We bumped down the feeding amount and that seems to do the trick.  We are also looking for more cues as to when she's hungry and not just sticking to the 4hr rule.  I beginning to think she was just fussy and not hungry.  So far so good with the change.  I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Thanks for all the responses!!!

• So glad its working for you! Also, DD was on Isomil for awhile, but got horribly constipated, so pedi recommended switching to the Gentlease formula, which worked WONDERS! We actually used the Parent's Choice Gentle formula  (Wal-mart) and it was great (Plus only $15 a can!)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"