Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Intro

Hi everyone. I've been lurking the TTGP boards for a while so I thought I should introduce myself.

I'll be celebrating my 38th birthday next week. My husband is 40. We were married in May, and have been TTGP since then, though to be honest we weren't really actively preventing pregnancy prior to the wedding. I have been charting (temps, CM, CP, etc.) for the past 2 cycles. I'm starting to feel a little terrified and sad. I am very comfortable with my own body and the medical/biological side of fertility, but the emotional side of all of this has been much harder than I thought it would be. Everyone I know is either outside the child-bearing part of their lives, or has chosen not to have children, so I don't really have anyone to talk to about it except my husband. Also, I find TB boards a bit overwhelming because there are so many of them and so many posts and so many rules!

I'm a country girl, but I live in a big city. I love the mountains - hiking, backpacking, skiing, snowshoeing, etc. I hate the beach. I also love to cook, read, visit art museums, and hang out with my husband and our two cats. I like gin and tonics, beer, sushi, coffee, and a whole bunch of other things you're not supposed to have when you're pregnant.
Me: 40  DH: 43
Married 5/30/15
TTC #1 June 2015
BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
TTC #2 May 2017
BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!

Re: Intro

• Options
    Welcome! This is a great group of supportive people. If you start to find this board overwhelming, there is a TTC after 35 board which is awesome and a bit slower paced, without a lot of rules. I participate in both and get different things from each group!

The emotional part of this journey is really challenging. Just know that you're not alone. 
    Me: 37, DH: 44
    TTC #1 since September 2014
    Canada

• Options
    Welcome! The emotional side of TTC can be very difficult, but you'll find a great group of knowledgeable, supportive ladies on here with a big ol' dose of humor to help with the process. Best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck! 
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck hopefully your stay here is short and sweet :)
  • Options
    Good luck my dear!
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    Welcome! I live in the mountains and love it. Getting stoked for ski season already!!
    TTGP December Siggy Challenge: Favourite Holiday Movie Moment

• Options
    Welcome and good luck!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Married Sept '13
    TTC Dec '13
    BFP 10/8/2014 MMC 11/20/2014 D&C 11/26/14
    BFP 9/20/2015 MMC 10/7/2015 D&C 10/15/15
    BFP 3/6/2016

• Options
    Welcome to the board, I hope you find the support you need here! It is hard for friends in other places in their life/journey to be supportive of you in ways that are meaningful while you are TTGP.  I have a similar situation, but only because I recently moved here and, well, don't really have anyone I would consider "Close friends" here yet, and those over 6 hours and two time zones away are limited in  availability. 

Me: 31 & DH: 36
    Married 2009
    DS: 6 y/o
    TTC #2 for (way too long)
    BFP: 12/30/2016 !!!

• Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'm with you on the not being prepared for the emotional part of this process but as PP said, this is a great & supportive group of ladies. It's really nice to have others who "get" what you're going through.
  • Options
    Welcome! 

I also thought TB boards to be very overwhelming when I was lurking because posts are changing constantly and trying to keep up with what everyone is saying. Then, just like you, I decided to introduce myself and have found a group of really sweet, funny, but especially supportive women. At the end of the day, I see we all have the same fear and hope, and excitement and anticipation. So know you're not alone here. At all. If it helps, so far, my personal rule for participating in specific posts is to only post when I have either something nice to say or an experience to share. Basically something that the OP can relate to when I post it. (and I hope this falls within that...hehe) 

Good luck! 

Anniversary

• Options
    Thanks everyone!

@onefootinthebayou hey girlfriend I miss you!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!