May 2016 Moms
Options

Pregnant at 37! Worried everything will be ok!

Hi everyone I would like to introduce myself- im katy im 37 and from the UK. I have 2 children who are 10 and 7 and thought I was done with my baby making. We have always been very careful but then after one slip up in August I have fallen pregnant (so much for it being hard to conceive in your late 30th!) anyway I got my BFP a week ago today and me and my partner were just in utter shock. Now- after having a week to get used to the idea we are actually very excited (this will be his first baby) now my shock has changed to sheer worry about all of the things that could go wrong with me being 37, what if i miscarry? What if there is something wrong with the baby? How will I make that desicion if there is something wrong with the baby?? My mind is going crazy everyday, constantly thinking horrible things when I should be just trying to enjoy it. I'm also worried that apart from bigger boobs I have no symptoms at all (im 5 weeks today) anyway sorry for such a long post but just wondering if anyone else is feeling like me. Looking forward to getting to know all you ladies xxx oh my EDD is 18th may xxx

Re: Pregnant at 37! Worried everything will be ok!

• Options
    Totally understand! I'm 37 and this is my first baby. All we hear is all the things that could wrong at our ages but I am praying for a happy and healthy baby.
  • Options
    Ugh I'm sorry you're so worried, but honestly we can all drive ourselves crazy with the "what-if's." The fact is, everything you're worried about is completely out of your hands. What comforts me when my mind starts racing is telling myself, "I am pregnant today and I will enjoy this today." If something happens tomorrow, God forbid, we'll deal with it and make the best decisions we can. But each and every day try to focus on what's going right! I know it's easier said than done, but the alternative is stressing yourself out with worry and that's a horrible place to be in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm 39 and pregnant with my first so I totally understand your concerns. I'm petrified at the idea that the baby could have a genetic abnormality or worse - that I'll miscarry. I'm trying to keep focused on other tasks until I see my OB in early October. Once he confirms that things are progressing as they should, I might feel a little less worried.  @Kmalia, you're so right. I hope your words stick in my head: "I am pregnant today." Love it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Me: 39 DH: 41
    Met in HS, but lost touch for 12 years after graduation
    1st Date: 5/27/06
    Engaged: 9/16/13
    Married: 6/20/15
    BFP: 9/2/15
    CVS: 11/3/15 (all good news - thank God!)
    EDD: 5/11/16

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    This is so true, I will try to remember this. Xxx
  • Options
    Hi Katy!

I'm 35 and also have a 10 and 7 year old. We have been trying for 3 years now and had a miscarriage last summer. I had given up on having anymore and was working on accepting that when I found myself pregnant again.
    I worry about every twinge, cramp, or lack of symptom. I'm trying very hard to stay positive and not let my anxieties get the best of me. But every time I calm down about one fear another pops up.
    I'm trying to take things one day at a time and being thankful for each day i'm pregnant. Can't wait for my first appointment though, only 5 more days!
    I love what Kmalls said and will be keeping that in mind too. :)

• Options
    I am 36 and also a little concerned about possible problems with my pregnancy. I really believe that it will be okay though. I just read last night that there's over a 99% chance that there will be no chromosomal issues and the baby will be healthy. I plan on having all of the available tests and screenings just to ease my mind but those odds seem pretty good to me! Also, this is my third (and last) baby and I would hate to waste these previous months by worrying about something that most likely won't happen. I just feel incredibly lucky that I was able to get pregnant easily and am optimistic about bringing home a healthy newborn in May. Try not to dwell on the negative things if you can!