2nd Trimester
Options

27 weeks.. Not much fetal movement

I just started my 27th week today, and I have barely felt my baby move. He typically makes very hard movements right around my belly button area and also at the bottom of my uterus. Today I'm only feeling very LIGHT movement right at the bottom of my uterus. It's very strange because he normally makes very big movements all day and I've only felt very small movements every now and then. Should I be worried?

Re: 27 weeks.. Not much fetal movement

• Options
    Call your doctor.  It could be that the baby just switched positions -- I've noticed that movements alternate between up by my belly button and down low (almost like he's kicking my bladder).  The lower ones don't feel as strong, whereas the movement by my belly button is so strong that I can actually look down and see my stomach move. So what you're experiencing sounds normal to me,  BUT, it's always better to be safe than sorry --  I would strongly encourage you to talk to your doctor just to make sure!!
  • Options
    First try laying down and relaxing. Sometimes I feel I go the whole day barely feeling anything, then I lay down and he/she starts kicking and moving around like crazy. Also drinking cold drinks should help. If you are still feeling baby that's good. It's when you lay down and still don't feel anything in a couple hours that I would start worrying.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If there is movement you are most likely fine. They say an average of 10 per hour. If you have none in an hour I would call the doctor
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml