Pregnant after 35
Options

feeling sad

Father decided not to having anything to do with the baby should I notify his family?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    If so should I wait before or after the baby is born I'm due in 3 weeks. Plz help
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm so sorry. Are you close with his family? If you are and think that they would want to be a part of the baby's life then it may be a good idea to open those lines of communication. It could lead to complications, but it could also be good for both you and the baby. I wish you the best.
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    gabtasegabtase member
    edited September 2015
    No his family doesn't know me. And thank you.
  • Options
    I would. Prepare yourself for them to not believe you, etc, but I would just because you never know. You may find someone really supportive and you need all of the support you can get right now.

He may come around, too. Pregnancy is really stressful.

Does he have other children?
  • Options
    Sounds like a tough situation, I'm sorry to hear you are going through with it. If the father only made this decision recently is there a chance that he could have told them himself? If so I would leave contacting them until after. It's going to be an emotional few weeks ahead and stress is not going to help.
    The one caveat I would have is if you are going to require contact for child support etc. so in this case I'd look for legal advice before birth, just in case.