December 2015 Moms
Options

baby bigger than gestational age

I'm currently 24 weeks and 6 days with my second child I seen my doctor earlier this week and he said that my baby is growing quickly and if he didn't know I was 24 weeks he guess by my uterus Size that I was 28 weeks. This is the second time I've been told that my baby is bigger than what she should be but my due date is the same has this happened to anyone else?

Re: baby bigger than gestational age

• Options
    I'm measuring ahead too. My doc thought for sure I had gestational diabetes, nope. Now, I have to see a dietitian because he wants on the safe side. Guess I can watch what I eat for the next few weeks if it means I avoid a c section. Yikes!
  • Options
    All my bumps have measured big. And then all my babies have been big, with average sized heads thankfully just long (no problems or medical concerns, just big). x
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor doesn't seem worried I am because I have to have a c section due to the fact that I had one with my first they don't want me going into labor on my own and I'm worried that maybe I'm farther along because my first was only 7 lbs 6 Oz, not only that but me and the father were small babies too. They said at 21 weeks she weighed 1 lbs 2 Oz already.