Pregnant after 35
Options

Home pregnancy test question

Soo...last night I took 2 First Response tests and both had a faint 2nd line. I repeated the same test this morning and again got a very faint line. Wanting a little more definitive answer I bought a CBE digital test and took it this afternoon and it came back as Not Pregnant. I know it's crazy to take so many tests in a short amount of time but I'm 4 days late and obviously anxious. Has anyone else had a CBE digital come back negative but still been pregnant? I'm planning to call my OB tomorrow for a blood test but I'm just curious. BTW, let me introduce myself. I'm 37, I have 5 year old twins and had a MC before having them. I've been off bc and TTC for a little over a year so that's why I'm especially anxious to see if the faint positives are really positives!

Re: Home pregnancy test question

• Options
    I think with the CBE you are supposed to test with first morning's urine. If you tested in the afternoon it might be too deluted / not high enough hcg to register positive. I took CBE tests back to back once and got pregnant, then not pregnant. Took another one the next morning and it was pregnant. Sorry to hear about your loss and anxiety. I had 3 losses last year so I know how that goes. Best wishes.
  • Options
    My doctor told me there were "no false positives" with the home pregnancy test, and it doesn't matter if you buy the dollar store brand or the digital brand. She also said there can be false negatives because you don't do the test right. The first time I tested you could barely see the line it was so faint.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Four tests is not a lot, especially when you are getting questionable lines, so don't feel "crazy". Hoping you got a positive result today.
  • Options
    I only take the digital because I can never tell. I got negative until the day I should have started, and I tested with my first morning's urine.
  • Options
    I heard the same as the PP that a positive is positive and unless you left it over the amount of time to read it a faint line, is still positive.
    For the digital test my only experience is with ovulation tracker and I can definitely say they were not consistent. It will be a long couple of days but I hope it turns out to be good news.
  • Options
    Digital needs higher levels of hcg to show your pregnancy. Take the test again when the test line is darker and see what it shows. My friend had the same experience. All tests showed her pregnant apart from the digital one.she tested a week later and was fine.
  • Options
    My doc also said there are no false positives, but false negatives can occur! Good luck!!
  • Options
    When I first tested (almost 9 months ago now!), I got 2 positives with very faint lines. Then I took a digital test and got a negative. Waited a couple of days before taking the 2nd digital test, and it was a positive.
  • Options
    rejoicingtmdrejoicingtmd member
    edited October 2015
    Hello ladies. Glad to see so much help here. I'm 38 and maybe having my first. So it is now 21 days late period and BFNx4. Will do another test this week as well. Have some many symptoms going on even hot flashes. Right now having headaches, lower Back aches off bs on, sneezing a lot, only 1week of really hurt boobs, cramping like AF is coming and my husband is complaining about my face breaking out and how tired I am all the time now. He felt nauseous one day so he sent me to take a test..BFN. Some thing is so wrong with me. Maybe thyroid? Have any one heard of the home made bleach pregnancy test ? Supposedly it was used in the old days to detect pregnancy...saw some people try it on you tube. U take a little urine and then pour a little bleach in that cup...if it froth or bubbles lots then u are pregnant. If it doesn't u are not. I think I will try it for the fun of it. Any idea what can be wrong with me?
  • Options
    Just go to the doc good luck
  • Options
    It's still early so do the digital with fmu. I did the same as you and got a negative in the afternoon but a positive in the morning.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker