March 2015 Moms

Hates tummy time at almost 6 months!!

My son will be 6 months in just under 2 weeks and he absolutely hates tummy time still! There are occasions be can tolerate it for maybe 5-10mins but that is rare. He will scream as loud as he can the entire time and then he tires out and that's when the tears start to come. That's when I know he's had enough. He's rolled over right at 4 months from tummy to back but I can count on one hand how many times he's done that since. He won't even try to roll from back to tummy. I figure he won't if he doesn't even care to be on his tummy. He has weaker upper body strength than he maybe should by now because of this, but he is pretty good at sitting assisted and he loves to stand in his activity saucer and has pretty good head control. It's just the tummy time/rolling over we are having issues with!!! Any advice or anyone with a similar situation?

Re: Hates tummy time at almost 6 months!!

• Pumpkin91407Pumpkin91407 member
    edited September 2015
    I don't have any advice but am kinda in the same boat. My lo will be 6m this week. He rolled over 3 time back around 4m and nothing since. He will tolerate tummy time for a little when depending on his mood then gets mad and just lays his head down and cries. Same thing he sits up well assisted and has good head control. Everyone has just told me to keep doing tummy time and he will do it when he's ready.
  • Thank you for your feedback! I figure he will do it at his own time too. But since some doctors put so much pressure on meeting milestones I wanted to ask other moms. Thanks again :)
  • Loading the player...
  • My little man is the same age as yours and up until relatively recently, was just the same. Oddly enough though he started rolling from back to tummy first and once he did that, it was like a light switch turned on and suddenly he rolls onto his tummy all the time now! I have even found him starting to sleep on his side and tummy now too. Rest easy that every baby really does develop at his or her own pace and often in very different ways but that those milestones can also happen quickly and suddenly. I personally wouldn't be too worried as it sounds like your LO is developing well in every other respect but if it does concern you add it to the list of things to ask your doctor about ( I feel like my list is fast becoming a novel!!)
  • Thanks for the encouragement!
  • My LO was 6mnths on the 6th has hated it from day dot can roll from tummy to back but wont roll back to tummy because i think his lazy lol