3rd Trimester
Options

Curious question

okay , I'm curious to know like ... How does it feel when your water break? Like do you feel that Urge coming, similar to the urge you have when you have to use the bathroom, or does it just come with no warning or sign?

Re: Curious question

• Options
    kynbar5kynbar5 member
    edited September 2015
    From what I understand most women don't experience their water breaking on its own. I'm on my 6th pregnancy and I've had to have my water broken every time. Out of all my friends that have had multiple children I only know 1 that has had her water break unexpectedly. She said she just thought she accidentally peed on herself a little but there wasn't a feeling. Good luck :)
    Edited for spelling.
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    I also had my water broken by a dr every time. I'm pregnant with my fourth baby. With my other pregnancies there was no feeling but a gush.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow really ?? I'm dilated to just 1cm I'm scheduled to be induced Thursday evening with cervidil and then with pit like 5 that morning , I'm scared cause I've heard such bad stories on induction ! So I've been walking , tried squats, sex even a ball still nothing ! I was hoping my water would break already !!!
  • Options
    It didn't feel like anything except that I peed myself. I didn't have the urge to urinate and the amniotic fluid smells different (salty?) and looks different than urine.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I've been induced twice and labor wasn't any different with those two than the other 3. I've always had pitocin to strengthen my contractions and get me moving along. Also, I've always gotten an epidural. I've remembered and been very present mentally for all of my births. Don't overthink or stress (I know, easier said than done) about it. You'll do great and in the end I promise you it's worth it! :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    I've had my water break with both of my kids.  The first time it was in the middle of the night and I felt more than heard a pop and headed to the bathroom.  The second time it was a small leak and I went into the hospital to get it checked out.  There was nothing abnormal I did to make my water break.  I was just about to my due date and both times and tried sex and nipple stimulations to see if anything would move me along.  There was no advanced warning or feelings, sorry.

Rachel and Jeff Married 5.29.05

Jason is 8

Elizabeth is 6

Katherine is 18 months 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    With DD1 my mw broke my water while I was pushing and about 10 minutes before she was born. I didn't feel anything.

With DD2 my waters broke while I was standing up in the shower and again about 10 minutes before she was born. Like pp I felt more than heard a pop, and then heard all the water hit the shower floor. There was no sensation before hand of it about to happen.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    When my water broke it was 3am and I woke up because I felt the pop, and when I stood up a bunch of liquid gushed out of me. I instantly knew it was my water because it was 2 days before my due date !
  • Options
    Lucky for me I had gotten up in the a.m. to use the bathroom and my water broke on the toilet. It was a huge pop feeling that couldn't be mistaken. There was meconium so it wasn't clear though.
  • Options

Wow really ?? I'm dilated to just 1cm I'm scheduled to be induced Thursday evening with cervidil and then with pit like 5 that morning , I'm scared cause I've heard such bad stories on induction ! So I've been walking , tried squats, sex even a ball still nothing ! I was hoping my water would break already !!!

You don't have to be induced unless medically necessary.
  • Options
    My waters broke 3 weeks before due date, I was laying on the couch watching Harry Potter, felt and heard a pop like a water balloon bursting, and a big gush of fluid came out. 10 hours later my son was born
  • Options
    My water broke after I was in labor for 12 hours. I was dilated 9cm, laying in the hospital bed, and I heard/felt a 'pop' and some water gushed out. I was 40+4, labor slowly started on its own, and I had pitocin to intensify and speed up contractions
  • Options
    My water broke after about 30-40 minutes of pushing (I declined interventions during labor). It was in the middle of a contraction and all I felt was wetness.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I think it just comes out....
  • Options
    My water broke at 40+3 and it just felt like I peed myself over and over again. Having your water break does not happen as a precursor to labor most of the time.
  • Options
    My water broke when I was dilated to 6cm and getting ready for my epidural. I don't remember feeling a pop but I was having really painful back labor so that's really all I could feel at the time. I was standing and water was running down my leg so the nurse tested it to confirm it was fluid and not me peeing myself.

It didn't all come out then...at about 9cm baby must have moved and at that point a bunch just gushed out. I thought my catheter may have fallen out it was so much so suddenly. But DD was about ready to go so the fluid needed to come out somehow.
  • Options
    Milne came without no warning. Woke up at 330am to go to bathroom. Got back in bed and starting gushing clear fluid. Walked to toilet and it trailed. Then there was a pinkish tinge at end. I have read that could be a clear sign. But I also knew it wasn't pee and it smelled different. I called hospital as was having no contractions. They spoke to doctor and said to come in. I was a day shy of 34 weeks. Trust your instincts!
  • Options
    That's the same exact thing that happened to me!!! My daughter came at 35 weeks but at 5 am. Just felt like I was peeing myself and I couldn't control it it was a little bit of a awkward squishy feeling
  • Options
    Mine broke at home. It was just like a gush. There were no urges or anything
  • Options
    With DS1 it broke on its own and I felt a pop then gush. I was at almost 1cm when I went to the hospital. DS2 the dr broke my water while I was in labor to get things going when I got stuck at 8cm.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With DS, I had just peed and pulled the stretchy band of my maternity shorts over my stomach. I heard a click, not a pop, but then nothing else happened. I used a pad, just in case, and headed out with DH to run errands around noon. As soon as I stood up after riding in the car, I felt fluid, but still no gushing. Headed into L&D an hour or so later; DS was born about 5.5 hours after the click.