May 2016 Moms
Options

Ever happen to you?

I fainted today waiting for a table at a diner. Poor DH was really scared, thank god he was there to catch me.

Looking back, I was not drinking enough this morning and ate less than usual. We took our dogs for a long walk and I was starving when we came home but didn't think to take a minute to rest and snack before heading right back out for brunch. I think pushed myself because I've been feeling guilty about how little we've gone out lately, which was stupid. After eating and drinking lots of OJ I feel back to pregnant normal, just a little emotionally shaken. I thought I was taking care of myself but clearly I was dehydrated and I let my blood sugar drop - so stupid. I'm so mad at myself!

Of course I am going to call my doctor first thing tomorrow AM but I'm just wondering if anyone has ever experienced this?

Re: Ever happen to you?

• Options
    Not yet this pregnancy but with DD I fainted before work one day, I was around 5 weeks but didnt know I was pregnant. Its what made me test!

Definitely keep up your water intake!
  • Options
    Yes drink more water and snack often the last thing you want is for this to happen when you 32+ weeks and nobody to catch you! Sorry you had to experience this and luckily your hubby was there! Hope you get to feeling better, it always help to keep some crackers in your purse to snack on whenever needed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    No full on fainting, but I feel like I'm getting light headed a lot more often when I stand

• Options
    Hasn't happened to me, but I definitely see the potential if I didn't eat enough. It's easy for us to forget that are bodies have more needs than they had before. Definitely keep snacks with you as PP suggested.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I have been feeling really lightheaded at times lately. I hope I don't faint!
  • Options
    Me!! When I was pregnant with DS I was working on call at a hospital. I was standing forever, I was hot and dehydrated. I fell straight to the ground and woke up in a hospital bed.. mortifying lol.. This is how my coworkers and family found out I was pregnant, I was like 6 or 7 weeks. It was awful!!! :((
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Fainting can be an early pregnancy symptom as your blood pressure often lowers when you first get pregnant.

I learned this when I, too, passed out after waking up, my foot being "dead," rolling it HARD on the tile, spraining it badly, and then passing out (likely from the pain, which caused my blood pressure to plummet)... I was not pregnant... but the nurses kept demanding I was probably pregnant because my blood pressure was so low.

I now monitor my blood pressure at home. I'm running about 90/60 right now.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    I've been sleeping all the time. I hate being inactive, but my body just wants to sleep. You've probably overdone it a bit. Just rest more and definitely get fluids.
  • Options
    I fainted at around 8 weeks preg with my DD, was assisting a medical procedure, holding the patient and my vision just went and I had to sit down. That was embarrasing!
    Angel baby June 2013, DD born 22 April 2014, BFP 10 Sept 2015 - Due 22 May 2016
  • Options
    This happened to me when I was pregnant with my first. I woke up for work, hopped in the shower and feel light headed. I thought I was over heated, so I started walked back to my bedroom where the ac was on and woke up on the floor. My doctor said it could have been from a.) not eating or b.) not drinking enough. It happened 2 other times. It is super scary, but don't beat yourself up, I usually carry peanut butter crackers in my bag all the time because of this
  • Options
    Thank you everyone for your input and advice! It makes me feel so much better.