May 2016 Moms

Why am I questioning this??

As I am sure you all have been able to gather, I am completely questioning if I am really PG. I do nothing but google pregnancy test reliability stories. URG why am I like this!!??!!! FTR, I took 7:

1- Rite aid blue dye- faint BFP (Saturday morning)

2- Clear blue digital- pregnant (Saturday morning)

3- Clear blue digital- not pregnant (Saturday morning-3rd pee of the morning so probably just very diluted)

4- Clear blue blue dye- faint BFP (Sunday morning)

5- Clear blue blue dye- faint BFP (Sunday morning)

6- FR digital- yes + (Sunday afternoon)

7- FR digital- yes + (Monday morning)

So WTF is wrong with me??? I think I just get so worried that they are all false positives. I am a smart person, with a firm grasp on reality and common sense, so I really don't know why I keep questioning this? We want it, maybe too much, and I think I get so worried that we will get to the dr and they will tell me that I show no signs of being KU.

Anyone else peed on $1000 worth of sticks like me? Or anyone else questioning their results like this? IS THIS NORMAL??? I keep thinking maybe Ill pee on some more but get so scared Ill see BFNs.

I have some symptoms mainly cramping, peeing, thirsty, loss of appetite, tiredness. But as I am thinking about my symptoms I start to wonder if I am looking into it and making it all up. The next month until my 1st dr apt is going to drag. 

This is pretty much how I feel all day, every day

Tv Reactions animated GIF 

Also, I want to apologize now, as I am driving everyone else nuts too :(

cat fail animated GIF

Re: Why am I questioning this??

• By what you are saying I'm no doctor but your probably pregnant and shouldn't worry yourself. Extra stress is not good for you or LO and STOP taking test a line is a line girl! Relax and enjoy this moment as it has finally come for you!
  • I know... DH tells me the same. I know false positives are possible. But SIX of them?!?! Like I said I think I am just worried about being disappointed. Because at this point, I would be devastated to find out I am not.

cat fail animated GIF

• Loading the player...
  • I did the same thing last time and this time. My only symptom last time was tiredness and I felt paranoid too and my DS is a healthy 18 month old now, so it's not an indication of anything bad. I know it's easy to say and hard to do, but try to relax!

When is your first appointment? I spoke to my doctor last time and explained that I'm usually level-headed but that being pregnant has made me worry about everything and anything and they were very reassuring that it's a totally normal reaction. It might help to have a convo with your doctor at your appointment just so you know that your feelings and valid and normal.
  • Bltbear82 thanks for the feedback. My 1st appt is in 30 days! I don't know how I am going to stay sane! Ill be a bit over 9 weeks. DH is off that day and since he wants to go as well that's the 1st available appt I could get

cat fail animated GIF

• I get that it's hard at this point to "feel" pregnant. You just have to remind yourself that a positive is a positive, and with no AF, you have no reason to not think you're pregnant.

What will make you believe it? A blood test? An ultrasound? Maybe tell your doctor how you feel and they may accommodate you.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• If you haven't gotten your period and the tests are positive, you're pregnant.

~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• I totally completely understand how you feel, @yogahh. Rationally, I know I'm pregnant but for some reason I keep having to fight off the feeling that when I go in for my first appointment, they're going to tell me nothing is there. I don't think it matters how level-headed you are, pregnancy brings out all kinds of fear!
  • I started out with faints as well.  What helped me was not testing for a few days.  About 3 days after my last faint the test was dark.
  • I'm sort of in the same boat.  I believe I'm pregnant but also think that there's a high likelihood that I won't stay pregnant.  Since we got pregnant right away, I feel like we didn't try hard enough, and it couldn't have been this easy, and something is bound to go wrong.  I keep telling myself that the quality of the product (baby) isn't reflected by how hard you try, as is the case in most other aspects of life, but I can't get the idea to stick in my head.

I have a scheduled phone call with the nurse at my doctor's office on Monday, but I think that the office doesn't even see you in person until 10 weeks, and they didn't say anything about an ultrasound at that visit, only listening for the heart beat.  So I have a while to go before I actually get to see this baby.

In other news, I also have barely any symptoms, and I got my first positive 6 days ago, but the lines are only getting minimally darker.  I know this means nothing but I am jealous of everyone who has a "really dark line" by now.  Maybe I'll go buy a digital to see the weeks.
  • From someone who is between 6-7 weeks, I still feel the same. I have my US on Wed, but it's normal to fear the worst (my sister had 2 MC before having my nephew, so I feel I'm more aware Of what could go wrong).

I'm trying to let my lack of symptoms not get to me because a lot of friends said they weren't hit with heavy symptoms until 8-9 weeks. There's nothing we can do at this point but staying positive is what will keep us sane! I know it's hard, but keep chugging along because it's an exciting time :)
  • I'm so happy I am not alone. A part of me keeps thinking I messed up the tests or had faulty tests. Maybe calling my dr to see if I can get in early just for blood work is what would help calm my nerves

cat fail animated GIF

• PSA: the darkness or fainted of the line is only determined by the amount of dye in the test. It is not a measure of your amount of HCG.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• PSA: the darkness or fainted of the line is only determined by the amount of dye in the test. It is not a measure of your amount of HCG.

Really? I never knew that. See you learn something new every day!

cat fail animated GIF

• I am in the same boat. I feel like the FRER tests I have taken have been lighter lines, but still clearly visible. DH was all paranoid about it actually. I keep wanting to retest and see if it gets darker. Ha....reality says...you're loosing it.
    Give it a couple weeks and you'll feel better... I did with both my other kiddos.
  • I am right there with you. I have taken several tests, all positive, and yet I keep waiting for AF to show and this to be a dream. Like I got myself so worked up and maybe I had a CP or something. It's easier said than done, but I'm trying to enjoy the moments now when I don't feel sick or extremely uncomfortable...because I know all that will come in time and I'll be anxious about that, too. Hang in there girl! You are definitely not alone.
  • I think it's hard to believe something when the only proof you have is two lines on something you peed on. Hopefully your doctor can do something to ease your nerves!

Also, welcome to motherhood! There has not been an hour that has gone by that I have not worried about DD, for one reason or another, since I found out I was pregnant with her ;)
  • econfe32 said:
    I am in the same boat. I feel like the FRER tests I have taken have been lighter lines, but still clearly visible. DH was all paranoid about it actually. I keep wanting to retest and see if it gets darker. Ha....reality says...you're loosing it. Give it a couple weeks and you'll feel better... I did with both my other kiddos.
    My FRERs have been lighter than my cheapies/Wondofos
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• I relate 100%! I took 6 tests and still couldn't let myself believe it. My GYN (who is not an OB) was happy for me to come in and confirm my pregnancy with a blood test, which I did the Monday after I POAS. If you can get in somewhere to confirm I think you'll feel more at ease. Keep us posted!!!
  • I'm with y'all! With DD I was a puking mess that was also so hungry! With this one I've been tired, crampy and peeing like my bladder is tiny. Oh and no foods sound good at all!
  • I'm totally with you! 

I only took 1 test and if it weren't for the absence of AF, I would have convinced myself by now that I dreamed the BFP. I'll feel so much better about it after my first appt, but it's not until Oct 13 - ugh!

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Going in too early only made it worse for me! I have long cycles and didn't know how far along I was.... got set back from 6 to 4 weeks AFTER us with nothing on it to see. Now I'm freaked out because there was nothing there EVENTHOUGH I know it was too early to see.
  • I took my first prenatal yoga class today. The teacher is also a midwife and said it's very very very common not to have symptoms. There were two other girls in the class and both said they never had ms. Made me feel better, and thought maybe it would make those of you feeling this way a bit better as well.

cat fail animated GIF

• I was like this with my first. I kept peeing on things because I couldn't believe it. But let me tell you: I have peed on close to 200 sticks in the last 6 months and haven't even gotten a single faint discernible line except one month when I had a chemical pregnancy and then this time where my lines started to get darker each day. So 6 false positives is just not possible girl! You're pregnant!

Well it does have some correlation. You should see somewhat of a progression the further along you become.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker