July 2015 Moms

Questions for Daycare?

We're interviewing a home-based daycare next week and I'm making a list of questions. Any suggestions on what to ask? (DD will be 4 months old and I'm BFing and pumping/feeding breast milk from bottle.)

Re: Questions for Daycare?

• If they are CPR certified, how many newborns they have taken care of, if they ever ran into an emergency with a child and what they did about it
  • You can Goggle question lists, then pick and choose what is important to you. That's what I did.
  • Loading the player...
  • How do they ensure good naps?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• routine
    Activities
    How they track development
    First aid qualified
  • Are they licensed? References. How many kids they keep at a time? If they have an emergency plan? First aid and/or cpr? I asked about proper sleep position
  • Also...assuming they are licensed (hopefully they are, it's not that hard of a process), if you really want to be sure you can contact the state licensing board to make sure there have not been any warnings, violations or corrective actions taken against them. Just ask them for their license #...there's always a million "Teach-n-Tots" vs "Teach-and-Totz" and similar names so best check is with license #.