Formula Feeding

FF question!

I am pregnant with baby #2. I had PP depression with my 1st and I have had depression with this pregnancy so my OB wants to start me on medication right after delivery. I know the hospital normally provides formula but my Pediatrician wants this baby to start on the formula my DD was on after we found out she had a milk protein allergy because it is a family issue. I had a milk protein allergy as well as my siblings so my mom had to stop breastfeeding and give us Prosobee. DD was on Enfamil AR and I am not sure if I should buy nursettes or just bring my own bottles and buy the ready to use formula while in the hospital. What do you ladies think?

Re: FF question!

• Can your doc issue a prescription to your hospital stating that they should feed specialty formula while you're there? Or maybe call them directly and ask if they provide that stuff? Or ask if during the hospital tour if you're doing one. If not then you can decide on what to do.
  • I had already talked to the hospital and they said its not one they normally have on hand at all. They only have regular Enfamil so its something I would need to bring with. If I get the nursettes they have the nipples for those and would give me some to take home even.
  • Loading the player...
  • Gotcha. That's probably the smart choice then. You won't have to worry about cleaning bottles, the food will be sterile etc. Good luck!