May 2016 Moms

Help!

Hey guys I need some help from experienced moms out there. I had my last period on August 7th and I tested 11dpo (according to the 28 day cycle) because I was already feeling nauseated and had sore boobs. When I tested it was early in the morning, and the positive showed up so dark and immediately before I was even finished. I thought it was normal because why would they make tests that show results 5 days sooner if nobody actually got positives that soon. When I called my doctors office, the appt coordinator said that it was weird I hadn't missed a period yet. So I guess I was just wondering, do you guys think I am farther along and that my last "period" was something else? Or do you think there is a possibility for twins? I have nothing to compare this to because this is my first time pregnant, and I have searched the Internet a ton to no avail! Any help would be appreciated because I don't go to the doctor for another 3 weeks:/

Re: Help!

• BabyVDMBabyVDM member
    edited September 2015
    Perhaps you didn't have AF but implantation bled in. Or you ovulated super early.

Either way you are probably farther along than you think.

And no dark lines on tests don't indicate twins. And even with twins bfp don't show up any earlier than singles.

Only an ultrasound can confirm how far along you are and or whether or not you have twins.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• lalala2004lalala2004 member
    edited September 2015
    The appointment coordinator doesn't know what she's talking about. I got my BFP at 10DPO and it showed up on the FRER almost immediately, not even with FMU. 

If you told her that you had a positive test, that should have been enough for you to make an appointment. 

ETA: There is no reason to think you're further along or having twins based on getting a fast BFP. Not to say it's not possible, there's just no reason to suspect that based on a HPT.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • My last period was August 4th I tested 2 days before my period should start (August 31) and got a negative. Tested again 4 days later(sept 1st) because my period never started and got a positive! I haven't gotten any implantation bleeding this time. (This is #3 for me!) By now you should have missed your period it should have happened on sept 3rd! But congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Yeah I got my positive the day before my period was supposed to start.  So I hadn't missed a period yet either.  You could be further than you think, but many people get BFPs before a missed period.
  • Thanks guys! I guess I will just have to wait until my doctors appt at the end of the month to know for sure it just seems like so far away! Haha I am 5 weeks and 1 day today- so I did miss my period. I am going with I just ovulated early because I didn't notice my last period to be anything out of the ordinary.
  • You and I have the same LMP & I tested what I thought to be 10DPO as well. When I called my doc after the BFP he also said, "Wow, so you're calling with a positive & you haven't even missed a period yet!" As if to say, "Settle down over there!" But it's my first pregnancy & I am excited :-) And I had the same thought...doesn't most women TTC test early? I was having cramping on my right lower abdomen, could smell everything & had waves of nausea. Now I'm nauseous, sore boobs & bloated at 5&1. First appointment is September 30th which sounds a little early but I'm not complaining. When is yours? I'm curious to see how our timeline looks after having almost the same LMP & BFP. Congratulations to you! Sending happy thoughts!
  • Wow that's really weird! I've been pretty bloated too! Haha and my first appt is also Sept 30! Nice to know other people that are in the same boat as you! lol
  • By 11 DPO, my tests were SUPER dark; I got my first positive at 9DPO, and I know that because I was temping.

You might be further along than you thought; you might not be. Some tests are just dark.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020