June 2015 Moms
Options

Carriers for Syria

If anybody has an extra carrier they are no longer using, this is a worthy cause.
A group of immigration lawyers is collecting baby carriers (like Ergo, Baby Bjorn, ring slings, etc) to send to mothers fleeing from Syria. These women fled a war zone with their babies and are now carrying them across Europe on foot.
Mail carriers to:
Association of Mother Immigration Attorneys
506 2nd Ave Suite 1400
Seattle WA 98104

I made it its own thread so everyone could see it. Someone shared this with me and I am passing on the message. If you can, please do.

Re: Carriers for Syria

• Options
    Only carriers? Any other items?
    Thank you for posting this.
  • Options
    I love this and I'm going to put it on my fb. Do you know if there is a website or fb page so I can link it? If not I'll just look tomorrow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @virginiaunicorn11 I'm sure they need other things as well, I'm just not sure what or how to get it to them. I can try doing some research after class today and post anything I find

@mellymar A mom from my local mom2mom Facebook group sent the message so I'll ask her where to get more information and let you know
  • Options
    We are also doing this here in Aus and they are saying only carriers (no fakes
    Apparently you can get ergo rip offs from eBay) or money. No food or clothing as its too heavy to ship and people take advantage and use it as rubbish disposal rather than quality donations but this info is Aus specific.

We have donated ours because DD has hip dysplacia so there's no point keeping them but I am wondering if they are really going to be used.. I am just wondering if they have their own traditional carrier they use instead. Everyone wasnt approving in Asia at our baby bjorn carriers because it holds them up right and on the front instead of cradled.

Either way I hope these can make there journeys that tiny bit stressful.
  • Options
    Here's an article listing varies ways you can help the children:  https://www.today.com/parents/refugee-crisis-how-you-can-help-syrias-children-t42261

Did you all see the news clip of the woman kicking/tripping fleeing refugees?  Such a cruel thing to do.  From what I saw she kicked a running girl and tripped a man holding a young child and they fell.  Heart breaking.
  • Options

Did you all see the news clip of the woman kicking/tripping fleeing refugees?  Such a cruel thing to do.  From what I saw she kicked a running girl and tripped a man holding a young child and they fell.  Heart breaking.

(Gasp!) I just... [-( its all I can do. Shake my head. [-(
    Absolutely no empathy. And you know if she were struggling and those people were in a position to help her, she would take it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker