May 2016 Moms
Options

Nausea kicking in

Anyone else feeling the nausea?! I don't get it in the mornings...actually afternoon and then nonstop until I go to sleep. I'm in week 6 so I guess that's to be expected. Any suggestions from experienced mommy's?

Re: Nausea kicking in

• Options

I've mentioned several times that I have no MS. Well, at midnight last night I woke up feeling like crap. No vomiting, but have an underlying queasiness. It was bad enough to wake me again at 5:00. Its tolerable as of now. But you know how you salivate a lot when you are queasy? Yeah, I have that like crazy.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I have the same symptoms as you Marideca1. I was absolutely miserable yesterday evening! I would love some suggestions too. I didnt have nausea at all during my first pregnancy.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    ecable5513ecable5513 member
    edited September 2015
    While I was pregnant with my first I was nauseous ALL day long, for the first 5 months! It was so bad I had to be admitted for IV fluids and antiemetics. I started to eat foods that I knew would taste okay coming back up! (Gross I know sorry!). Also I found that eating small frequent meals helped.

I'm praying I don't have that same problem withy second one. Week 5 right now with my second and so far so good *fingers crossed* best wishes!
  • Options
    I had really bad MS with my son. I lost 25 pounds in the first couple months of pregnancy. The only thing that would help was those morning sickness lollipops and ginger ale. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yogahh said:

you know how you salivate a lot when you are queasy? Yeah, I have that like crazy.

Yes...I noticed the same salivation thing this a.m. I'm actually scared of MS. I hate feeling sick to my stomach and so rarely do vomit that I'm pretty nervous...
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    Yeah, got it bad for the first time yesterday. I'll be 7weeks tomorrow. I chocked down a PB&J and felt better after a bit. Also, I bought this aromatherapy thing called Quease Ease that works pretty well.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and I've had it bad since Sunday. Worse the last couple of days. I can't eat much. Try and drink water, ginger ale, and eat crackers. Nausea is all day long. I throw up once a day. It's no fun. Talked to my doctor and I was going to try Vitamin B6 and sea bands. Couldn't find anything less than 100mg of B6. I'm wearing the Sea Band for the first time today and hasn't done much. I had more of a sudden urge to throw up than before. I'm miserable and near tears. I was sick with my daughter from week 6-12 but it wasn't this bad. That was also 8 years ago so maybe it's worse b/c I'm older and busier with a child. Hoping for relief soon. 
  • Options
    6 weeks today and it kicked in about Wednesday.  I feel really good in the morning, but my mid-afternoon and evening it's over.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Sucking on Jolly Ranchers helped me. Having crackers on hand to nibble on. 7UP or Ginger Ale to sip on. 
  • Options
    So far nothing really helps my nausea, but I was told to try the preggo pops and to keep ginger ale on hand by a friend who just gave birth the last week of August. But stress also triggers my nausea - I've noticed - and I'm trying to stay away from it. I would also say for those who might not have made that connection to avoid stressful situations. Unfortunately I can't - I'm stuck at work with someone who doesn't treat me with respect and is actually borderline what I consider hostile. I just spoke with my boss, and he's going to see what he can do; in the meantime the stress of the situation has actually made me vomit twice. :( 
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I have it all day long and through the night. It even seems worse than my last pregnancy. I try eating ice chips, saltines, and some tangy fruit like pineapple or plums. ugh it's the worst. 
  • Options
    Nausea .... I feel like I'm on a boat all day long....
  • Options
    I've been feeling super nauseous the past few days. So much so I have an extra empty trash can by my desk at work. I was in a meeting with several clients this morning and I had to step out because I thought I was going to hurl :/

@photomommy21 where can you get morning sickness lollipops?

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3

• Options
    I've been feeling super nauseous the past few days. So much so I have an extra empty trash can by my desk at work. I was in a meeting with several clients this morning and I had to step out because I thought I was going to hurl :/@photomommy21 where can you get morning sickness lollipops?
    You can get "preggo pops" at Motherhood & Maternity or Babies R Us, sometimes you can even find them at Buy Buy Baby. 
    TTC #1 - Started 7/2015
    MC #1 - 1/10/2014
    MC #2 - 10/15/2015

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Sucking on Jolly Ranchers helped me. Having crackers on hand to nibble on. 7UP or Ginger Ale to sip on. 

@LovingLife! - Jolly Ranchers, that sounds so good right now!!! I am having some major nausea and food aversions, so that's saying something.
  • Options
    vinerie said:
    yogahh said:

you know how you salivate a lot when you are queasy? Yeah, I have that like crazy.

Yes...I noticed the same salivation thing this a.m. I'm actually scared of MS. I hate feeling sick to my stomach and so rarely do vomit that I'm pretty nervous...
    I've had a couple bouts of the salivation thing today. It's making me nervous for how terrible I'm going to feel in a couple weeks.

DS: 9/18/12 - 40w5d // DD: 05/17/16 - 40w

• Options
    I'm a little over six weeks and the last few days the nausea has been really, really bad at work. Someone suggested sea bands to me yesteray and I don't think they've done much... But when I bought them I also noticed that Sea Band makes these ginger lozenges for pregnancy and they have been SUPER helpful.

Also, try not to ever let your stomach get completely empty. Mine gets really bad if it has been a long time since I've eaten.
  • Options
    The lower my blood sugar gets, the more nauseated I am. I try and eat small amounts all day long- just to keep something in my stomach- and it's helping a bit. I only threw up 3 times this morning :( 

This part of pregnancy freaking sucks. 

image image
  • Options
    My last pregnancy I loved ginger ale and the seasick wrist bands (SeaBands).  They have a plastic piece that pushes on a pressure point that is supposed to relieve nauseousness.  It definitely helped for me. 
    Me: 27    DH: 30
    Married in 2011
    Baby 1: Stillborn at 27 weeks (April 2014)
    Baby 2: Due May 2016

• Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited September 2015

Nausea .... I feel like I'm on a boat all day long....

This is exactly how I feel right now. I had it last pregnancy too, but with vomiting once I got to weeks 8-14. So far so good with no vomiting this time, but I wouldn't be surprised if it starts soon.
  • Options
    I have not vomited but I feel queezy when my stomach is empty. Also around 7pm until I go to sleep. Then I have some ginger ale. Which helps some but I generally don't drink soda and I'm unhappy w extra sugar and chemicals consumed. Eating makes me feel better. That's also a slippery slope I'm afraid. But I'm thrilled to be sick :) it means I'm pregnant ;)
  • Options
    Avoiding actually getting hungry by eating and snacking on things all day helped me with my DD. grape Jolly Ranchers also helped a ton...ginger ale made it worse due to the carbonation. Lemon water was what I preferred.

Not MS yet this time because I'm still super early. I've had random nausea that only lasts for a few minutes at a time start up though today.
    Siggy Challenge - Summer Movie Scenes

• Options
    Yup, I went to the doctor and they prescribed me Dicleptin, I am sipping on ginger ale and sucking on some vitamin c candies as well as I ordered preggie pops!
  • Options
    I was prescribed diclegis and it works but makes me sleepy so I'm only taking it if I'm nauseous before bed right now... or if I can take a nap.
  • Options
    Mine just kicked in about 2 days ago I'm 6w 2days. It doesn't hit me until afternoon after I have taken a nap.
  • Options
    Well there I was...thinking I was safe...then POW! MS smacked me right in the face :(

I'm finding the only way to keep from feeling sick is to eat literally every 3-4 hours...even though I have zero appetite and nothing sounds good.

I work nights as an RN, so today, went to bed around 9am when I got home--woke up to pee at noon and felt super sick-- had to muster down saltines and ginger ale. Went back to sleep--woke up again for work at 530--again with the saltines and ginger ale. I didn't feel back to 'normal' again until around 8pm. Then time to eat again!

It's comforting to know that it should end before 2nd trimester :)

:(( :((
  • Options
    @LovingLife, I second the notion that Jolly Ranchers sound awesome. I know what my DH will be doing when he wakes up! :))

Up until 6 weeks I was having moments of nausea that I was managing semi well. Ever since I hit 6 weeks, the nausea has been nonstop. Food sounds good to me, but when it comes down to it, there are few things I feel like I can stomach. I've been trying to stay hydrated and have small meals, and have occasionally taken pregnancy chews to help with the all day sickness. Recently I've been blending oj with ice cubes to make a slushie and those have been nice. Saltiness have been a help at times but sometimes they seem...dare I say...too salty? for my taste.

Sleep seems to be the only time I'm not noticing nausea...until the nausea wakes me up. Waahhh! :((
  • Options
    I LOVE Preggie pops, I get them at my local motherhood store for less than $2 and the package lasts about a week. They work wonders for me. Though I'm still not able to eat much I find that making a yummy, nutrient rich smoothie at night, and then just remixing and drinking as early as possible; helps me fight the daily dose of nausea a little! Good luck girl!
  • Options
    5w5d and got sick this morning. It was a bad smell that set it off. Yesterday I felt queasy around lunch time for the first time. I didn't feel sick until about 7 weeks last time so this is definitely a little early. For me I am just so sensitive to smells.
  • Options
    My morning sickness kicked in at 4w 6d. The thing that has helped me the most is watermelon. Crisp, fresh taste and lots of liquid to keep me hydrated. I also had to start taking B6 25mg 3 times a day and a unisom at night. I still feel blah, but I don't feel like I'm going to vomit anymore. Ready for second tri so I can get past this part.

DD1 Born 11/06/09
    DD2 Born 05/11/11
     #3   EDD 05/02/16 
  • Options
    I didn't have morning sickness with my first but I'm really feeling it this time. Maybe that means I'm having a boy this time :)
  • Options
    Whew, my first loss of stomach acid happened today and the all day nauseating feeling has officially made its appearance. Hoping I don't lose it this time like I did last time.
  • Options
    Today has been a good day for m/s and I can actually get some food down me without feeling sick. I am sure this means tomorrow I am going to be yaking on the air plane on my 13hr flight to America. So much to look forward to :)
    imageimageimage
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @KristieA good luck and safe travels! Definitely get sea bands if you haven't already!!
  • Options
    @LadySamLady thanks! They are already in my carry on :)
    imageimageimage
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge

• Options
    I had nausea as soon as I got pregnant, and then it subsided...until I hit 6 weeks on Tuesday. It's been bad since, but no actual throwing up. I typically LOVE chocolate and just can't bear the thought of having any. All of a sudden, all I want is salty stuff. Saltines and tomato juice has been a great combo. I tried the preggo pops (raspberry), and while it helps, I had a hard time with the flavor. I'm also super tired. This worked out great while I was on vacation last week, but I feel this week is going to be a tough one...
  • Options
    I'm 5 weeks tomorrow and the MS started today. Off and on all day long. Ginger Ale helps me for a little while.
  • Options
    I had HG last time I was pregnant- here are a few things that have been helping me so far:
    -Cold foods in the morning/a cold compress. Something about being too hot makes my nausea worse
    -Mints! If my mouth isn't fresh I'm much more likely to puke
    -Eating. It's totally counter intuitive but when I start feeling a teensy bit sick I snarf down something big and carb. Last time I wouldn't eat and I feel like that made me miserable, weak, and sick. I think I'm avoiding a lot of puke festa by settling my stomach with a little food.
    -Fizzy drinks. Don't ask me why but they make me feel so much better than flat drinks!
    -Peppermint oil! I rub it on my belly a few times a day and I know it's probably placebo but the fun tingly feeling makes me feel better!
  • Options
    I just wanted to add that yesterday at target I found the preggie pops for morning sickness at target and they help quite a bit. My target had a tiny little new section just for pregnancy with sea bands and prenatals and belly butter etc. not sure if that's going to be all target stores but it was in the isle with birth control etc.

Me 31 DH 41

TTC #1 since August 2014
    RE August 2015
    Surprise BFP! September 1, 2015
    IT'S A GIRL!!!
    Baby Eden born 5/11/16 <3<3<3

• Options
    I am 6 weeks and the MS is horrendous, it's making me miserable and having 3 children and a job it's just so hard. Feeling very sorry for myself. I was told oat cakes help so I'm trying them