May 2016 Moms
Options

Hot Flashes

Is anyone else experiencing hot flashes? I don't remember this symptom with my first. Pretty much since conception I am so hot! I'm getting up and putting the ac on every night.

Re: Hot Flashes

• Options
    I'm right there with you. I'm basically running a low grade fever almost every morning and night. Not really high but just high 98's and low 99's. I'm normally in the high 97's.
  • Options
    Yep. It happened to me last time too. I remember being so concerned about having a well-fitting winter coat last pregnancy (before I started getting symptoms) only to get to winter and feel completely over-heated. Basically, I was warm the whole pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kbrands7 said:

Yep. It happened to me last time too. I remember being so concerned about having a well-fitting winter coat last pregnancy (before I started getting symptoms) only to get to winter and feel completely over-heated. Basically, I was warm the whole pregnancy. 

This! I'm pretty sure I wore a tshirt around during the winter. (I live in Indiana so it gets pretty cold) If it was really cold I would wear a light jacket.
  • Options
    Yes
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    Yup. I'm always typically very cold when indoors. At work I always have a hoodie on. Lately though I'm so hot. I still wear the hoodie though, bc it would be noticeable to just about everyone if I stopped AND I need to hide this ridiculous bloat. :|
  • Options
    This! I'm pretty sure I wore a tshirt around during the winter. (I live in Indiana so it gets pretty cold) If it was really cold I would wear a light jacket.

I live in Indiana too :)  Only for another week though then I am moving.  I only wore a light jacket most of the time last time I was pregnant too. 

*Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• Options
    Yep I've been having them. Progesterone increased the internal temp so I'm guessing that's whet it is.

1: BFP 3/14/14; EDD 12/1/14; MMC with HB, D&C 5/8/14
    2: BFP 1/31/15; EDD 10/09/15; MMC with HB, Cytotec 3/16/15
    6/9/15 Diagnosed MTHFR Compound Heterozygous
    3. BFP 8/27/15; EDD 5/08/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes. I naturally run warm as it is, pregnancy makes me even hotter. I'm like an easy bake oven! 
  • Options
    Yep, I've had a few hot flashes, and I'm generally warmer.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Yes, and I live in Phoenix! Just glad I won't be pregnant in summer.
  • Options
    Every time DH touches me he comments on how hot I am. I knew I felt hot but I didn't realize my skin was also hot.
  • Options
    Yup! And if I'm not hot, I'm shivering with the chills.