March 2016 Moms
Options

Hemorrhoids and thongs

I have a problem. I teach Phys. Ed. and the majority of my pants for work show major underwear lines because of the style in some cases (like yoga pants) and material-usually thin jersey type. Last pregnancy I just wore thongs. But this time the hemorrhoids are much worse. As in constant. I tried wearing a thong tonight and it was unbearable!

What should I do? Go commando? Do those seamless panties actually work?

Anniversary

Re: Hemorrhoids and thongs

• Options
    Could you wear shorts style underwear so the VPL would maybe be lower down under your butt and not so visible? I call BS on seamless panties if you're wearing them under something skin tight. Any chance you could stick to wearing looser pants? Gotta stay comfortable though ;) I think if the phys Ed teachers in my school wore tight yoga pants there would be some controversy! Hope you find a solution that works for you!
    Also, any chance of tackling the hemorrhoids themselves or is that fighting a losing battle?

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:

Could you wear shorts style underwear so the VPL would maybe be lower down under your butt and not so visible? I call BS on seamless panties if you're wearing them under something skin tight. Any chance you could stick to wearing looser pants? Gotta stay comfortable though ;) I think if the phys Ed teachers in my school wore tight yoga pants there would be some controversy! Hope you find a solution that works for you!
    Also, any chance of tackling the hemorrhoids themselves or is that fighting a losing battle?

Good thinking with the boy shorts! They're not that tight that a panty line would be seen down there. Unfortunately the options in active maternity wear are pretty limited :) Most of them now are leggings which I would definitely never wear at work. The few active pants I have are the looser fitting yoga pants and a few joggers. It's just the nature of the fit and the material draping right on the butt, unfortunately. I'm using witch hazel and hydrocortisone cream for the 'roids, but it's just not working!

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I pity you.... but the idea of an issue between the two makes me giggle

Also I would be going trackie bottoms or sweatpants by now
  • Options
    From someone who has a drawer of thongs that haven't been worn in almost 5 years, because the hemroids never went away after baby #2, I suggest figuring out something else, because your thong wearing days may be over.
  • Options
    This post actually made a laugh a little.  Mostly because I can relate and I can honestly say that in 7+ years on the bump I've never seen someone ask it!  
    I do go commando with my workout crops to the gym but thats usually only for 3-4 (not that I workout for 3-4 hrs!).  You could try going commando all day, but I know some people have tons a extra discharge that might make it yucky.  The boy shorts is a good option too!  Especially if you can find ones with lace around the leg openings, they seem to cut in less.  My Dr also ok'd Prep H which does help when they get really bad!
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I would ask your dr if Tucks is ok to try. My dr is ok with it but that's mine ;) Also, just my opinion, but if/when I'm struggling with hemorrhoids a panty line is honestly the last thing I'm worried about. Hope you get some relief! :)
    March '16 December Siggy Challenge - Favorite Christmas Movies/Quotes
  • Options
    Comando or bust!
  • Options
    Try soma seamless underwear? I think they work and are super comfortable! Not cheap though
  • Options
    I would try lace panites, they lay smoother IMO than "seamless panties"

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    soxfan9968soxfan9968 member
    edited September 2015
    skruhmin said:
    No no no no no no no to commando!  I'm just thinking of how much discharge there is.  No no no no no no no.

I second that!! So much going on with our bodies right now...no way I'd go commando! I'd try the seamless or boy shorts. I had a student (yay high schoolers  8-| ) that pointed out my VPL. I simply responded by pointing out how disturbing it was that they were looking at a teacher in that area, questioned why it was disturbing to KNOW you're teacher was a human that wears underwear. Wouldn't you rather KNOW your teacher is wearing underwear than going commando? LOL!!!

Edited: I apparently like to skip words! Also, I've never understood the fascination with VPL. As long as someone is not wearing ill fitting underwear! 

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options

skruhmin said:

No no no no no no no to commando!  I'm just thinking of how much discharge there is.  No no no no no no no.

I second that!! So much going with our bodies right now...no way I'd go commando! I'd try the seamless of boy shorts. I had a student (yay high schoolers  8-| ) that pointed out my VPL. I simply responded by pointing out how disturbing it was that they were looking at a teacher in that area, questioned why it was disturbing to KNOW you're teacher was a human that wears underwear. Wouldn't you rather KNOW your teacher is wearing underwear than going commando? LOL!!!

This is what I was thinking! I didn't know exactly how to nicely word "why does it matter if there's a panty line or not? You're teaching students" :)
  • Options
    This is all I can think of with gym teacher and underwear.  Bubble Tape anyone??

DS1 - 9/21/11
    DS2 - 7/4/14
    DS3 - 2/21/16
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Our family of 5 is complete!!  Love our boys!

• Options
    Well I can empathise with the not wanting to have a VPL sentiment I think even more so because I am a high school teacher. It's really like being on display in front of the kids and when writing in the board etc. I need to know my appearance from behind is ok too! It'd be like if I had a big stain on the back of my pants or a hole in my skirt. They need as few distractions as possible and a bad VPL would be just that!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ecwk said:

Well I can empathise with the not wanting to have a VPL sentiment I think even more so because I am a high school teacher. It's really like being on display in front of the kids and when writing in the board etc. I need to know my appearance from behind is ok too! It'd be like if I had a big stain on the back of my pants or a hole in my skirt. They need as few distractions as possible and a bad VPL would be just that!

I can understand that reasoning. I guess when I was in school (over 10 yrs ago) things were different. Our teachers weren't allowed to wear pants or skirts tight enough to even really show a panty line. Dress codes are drastically different these days. :(
  • Options
    Oh man, I LOVE smartboards!! I never have to turn my back on kids so I don't think I was taking that into consideration. 

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yeah my school's dress code is pretty casual. I mean you can't wear yoga pants and string tops but you could wear skinny jeans, boots and a nice shirt. And I don't have a true smart board, @soxfan9968 I'm jealous! Guess what else I don't have...windows or AC!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, I'd have a cow with no windows since my class was on the 4th floor of a brick building on top of a large steep hill...Heat rising...disaster!  We have no AC either but they're in the process of fixing that! Heh-heh-heh! The perks of being a chem teacher is we NEED windows and vent hoods! 

December Siggy Challenge

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, I bought some boy shorts tonight so we'll see if they work with the pants. If not, I'll try the seamless...though I feel like they're just a bad recipe for a major wedgie! Commando will be last resort ;) And if anyone could find some maternity activewear that wouldn't show VPL, I would love to see it! I've been searching all night. If only Nike made maternity...

Anniversary

• Options
    I have some panties from Lane Bryant that have become my favorite. I actually need to go buy more. They are so comfortable and do not show a line when wearing yoga pants.