1st Trimester
Options

Low HCG level

mskeenanmskeenan member
edited September 2015 in 1st Trimester
Hi there! I am usually on the infertility board as I have been going through fertility treatments for the previous 4 months. I recently had an IUI (on August 24th) and 14 days post ovulation I had a blood test at the doctor (RE). My HCG level was a 15, which my doctor called a "weak positive". He recommended coming again for testing two days later (16 days post ovulation-today) and my beta level almost doubled to 27 which means I am considered "pregnant". However, the nurse said that I am a "slow to rise " pregnancy and sounded concerned. I have another blood test in two days to see if my levels rise. I have heard so many different things about HCG levels but wanted to know if anyone has had any experience with slow to rise HCG levels. I am just looking for some home. I know a chemical pregnancy is possible-but I am really hoping this is it for me. The home pregnancy tests I have taken are SO faint but I still see a positive. It's my first positive and I am ecstatic but cautious with my excitement.

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: Low HCG level

• Options
    My goodness. I have not dealt with this exactly but I dealt with IF for a long time. My heart and thoughts are with you. I know the feeling of being so excited then not wanting to be excited anymore bc it hurt too much. I am crossing my fingers that this is it for you! Please keep us updated!
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    Thank you @doozer1345 . I appreciate it :) hoping for a miracle !

**BFP and loss warning**

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unfortunately, my first beta was a 7. It went up to 28, and then I started bleeding and my beta dropped to 6. I hope this isn't the case for you, though. Hugs!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you @rackleroo . I'm so sorry that happened to you :( I hope it isn't the case for me as well - I need that number to go up up up . I'm already mentally preparing myself for a loss and my husband is upset with me for being negative . But I just can't get too excited it'll hurt too much .

**BFP and loss warning**

• Options
    I know this is an old thread but I'm looking for hope.   My hcg are low but doubled.  Waiting on a third 
  • Options
    I know this is an old thread but I'm looking for hope.   My hcg are low but doubled.  Waiting on a third 
    It's not so much the number as hcg levels can vary widely but more if it's doubling so stay positive...