May 2016 Moms
Options

Root Canal

Today I had to have a root canal and I'm so extremely anxious. About 3 weeks ago I had a molar crack and was told I'd need a root canal. This was all before I got my BFP. Of course I called up the dentist right away and let them know and they seemed confident that I could still have the root canal. I also contacted my OB's office and they were ok with it they just faxed a letter to the dentist saying I shouldn't have specific types of medications.
So with their support I went through with it today... and I don't feel too bad (physically) hours later. But I can't shake this nagging feeling that I've put our baby in harms way. Counting down to that first appointment at the end of the month. 

Any second time moms have experience with dental work during pregnancy? Anyone have medical or dental procedures scheduled that may affect your pregnancy?
Me: 31 | DH: 33
DD: 05/14/16
Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19

Re: Root Canal

• Options
    Yup. I had a crown put on at 34 weeks with my last pregnancy. Other than being really uncomfortable laying on that damn dentist's chair there were no adverse effects at all.

I guess I'm confused as to why you're so worried -- your dentist AND your OB gave you the go-ahead. I'd say you're in the clear!
  • Options
    Thanks for calling me out @kmalls. I really appreciate it.
    I've googled it too many times and I'm over trusting strangers opinions over medical ones. Redicilous now that I'm thinking about it.
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes I had dental work done while pregnant and I had to take a papa let from my doctor that had a list of stuff I couldn't take that could harm the baby! Everything turned out great, no need to worry!