Pregnant after a Loss

Appt. today

I am just seeking positive reinforcement, ladies!

I am 17 weeks today and we are just going for a check up (listen for a heartbeat). As usual, I am feeling anxious and worried we won't hear anything.

I have no real reason to worry. I am growing (with some real growing pains), I am hungry all the time, and th constant head cold is getting old quick. There has been no blood or consistent cramping.

But you know - that damn USA (u/s anxiety)! Just send those positive thoughts.

I can only imagine the state I will be in in 3 weeks when I have my 20 week appointment with all the poking and prodding and checking....
Married 7/20/13
#1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
#2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
#3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Appt. today

• I hope everything goes well for you today.  Hang in there!!
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Can you feel baby move yet? If not, then you will by 20 weeks and that will def take the edge off! I've got an appointment today, too, we'll both my fine. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Good luck today!!!!!

• @PlainJane8350 - the short answer is maybe. There have been flutters and what not but that could have just as easily have been gas. No definitive movement though.

Good luck to you today!! Have you started to dilate at all? You're so close!!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bet that's baby. I'm a FTM (I wasn't fast enough along to feel our first baby move) and I was 100% confident shortly after the 18 week mark that what I was feeling was baby. Mine's first movements were surprisingly (to me) low and felt like popcorn popping.

I'll know more after my appointment this afternoon, but last week my cervix had moved and softened. No dialation, though. I'd also been losing some of my mucus plug for about a week.

What time is your appointment? Mine's at 1:40, but we usually wait a while. You'll have to let me know how it goes, but I'm sure both of our babes will be fine. If it makes you feel any better, I still worry and am like, "How's her amniotic fluid level? How's my placental resistance?" It's always something (at least with me)!
  • Hoping they find the heartbeat fast and your appointment goes well!
  • Mine is at 4... And there's always a wait! T-minus four (plus) hours!

Thanks everyone for the positive vibes!!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hey ladies - looks like your appointments are over by now; sending good vibes that everything went well and now you can relax a little!

I have my first u/s tomorrow (6w5d) after a loss in June and I'm TERRIFIED. Nothing to do about it but show up and hope for the best, though. Hopefully this time tomorrow I'll be breathing a little easier.
  • Just got home. All is well! Found that heart beat right away and it was strong. He measured my uterus and said it was right at 17 weeks. Much relief

@PlainJane8350 - how did everything go?

@GoatSnakeMouse - sending you all the positive thoughts for tomorrow.
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm home and don't have any excitement to report...which we all know is good! Waiting on @borgahurst now. @GoatSnakeMouse, sending you positive thoughts and prayers for tomorrow. Early on, I always told them how nervous I was and asked them to tell me as soon as they knew everything was alright so I could look. Don't forget to post the good news tomorrow!
  • Jinx, @borgahurst! Her amniotic fluid was a little low, but that can probably be fixed by drinking water and taking it easy. If not, then I'll be 38 weeks by my next appointment so it will be safe to induce. She didn't manually check me, but plans to next week.

So happy for you and your tough little gummy bear! I'm putting my money on you being able to feel him/her and relax a little well before your next appointment rolls around, probably next week!
  • Congrats!!! There's a baby there. And today you are pregnant. Big step #1!!!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yay congrats to all!

• Hip, hip... @GoatSnakeMouse! Thrilled for your good news and, really don't worry about the day difference, you'll probably be measuring ahead next time. Ultrasounds aren't even close to 100% accurate. :O)
  • I had my first appointment yesterday! Everything went well. The first words out of my doctor's mouth was "I don't know who's more nervous, you or me." I love her personality. She was happy with my labs and we did another draw to check how things are progressing.
    I'm scheduled for my first U/S next week (6th wk) and another two weeks after (8th wk). She gave me the option of waiting until after my loss milestone if I wanted, but I opted to go ahead and do the 6 week one. I had HBs with both my losses so seeing one isn't a huge comfort but at least it means we are on the right path for now.
    As an added bonus she will have me come in every 2 weeks until we are out of the first trimester for peace of mind.
    So for now, all is well. I'm looking forward to my lab results from yesterday's draw and my U/S next week!

1: BFP 3/14/14; EDD 12/1/14; MMC with HB, D&C 5/8/14
    2: BFP 1/31/15; EDD 10/09/15; MMC with HB, Cytotec 3/16/15
    6/9/15 Diagnosed MTHFR Compound Heterozygous
    3. BFP 8/27/15; EDD 5/08/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Congrats to you both! Keep growing, little ones!
    Married 7/20/13
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker