May 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone else running out of room/need to move?

bellamamma23bellamamma23 member
edited September 2015 in May 2016 Moms
My house is feeling so cramped right now.  We have 3 small bedrooms and only 1 bathroom. With two-year-old DD running all over (We don't have a playroom or basement) and baby #2 on the way, I just don't know how we are all gonna fit! lol  We started looking for a bigger home but we have to sell first.  I guess I'm feeling overwhelmed as I remember the pressures of selling/buying real estate.  I just never experienced it while being pregnant. :/

Anyone else dealing with a similar situation?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Anyone else running out of room/need to move?

• Options
    We are building a house that should be done in 7 months and living in a 1br 900sq ft apartment with two giant dogs right now... I feel ya!!!
  • Options
    We're quickly outgrowing our house, which we knew would happen. We had our house gutted and completely renovated about 2 years ago so we're invested in staying, but we're getting quotes for an addition for hopefully this spring. We'll add a big playroom and an oversize office that could convert to a master bedroom down the road should we want it.

I'm slightly panicked at the thought of more construction, but we need the space!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We moved back to PA 6 months ago and have been living with my mom ever since. There is one shower and 5 -7 people here at any given time. We are going to start looking for houses in November. We wanted to wait until then so DS can adjust to preschool in one house.
  • Options
    Yup. We have a large bedroom in the basement that was a one car garage back when the house was built in 1969. But since it's a split level ranch, so much is living space and not much storage space. The plan is to split that room into two, a bedroom and a storage room. But the house is still really small for us. We've been talking about moving a couple hours south for years now. It's starting to seem more likely to happen. Too bad we can't afford to move. lol

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Options
    nsouplynnnsouplynn member
    edited September 2015
    Yup. We quickly outgrew our 3 bd/2bath home when DD was born. We put our house on the market during the summer and we just recently sold our house in August. We are currently living at my dad's house (Me, DH, DD, my dad and my brother) while our new home is getting built. It won't be completely done until Dec or Jan. I can't wait until our house is going to be done. I don't mind staying at my dad's house because of the money we are saving and the extra help that I have BUT I need more space. LOL.
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga
  • Options
    We know we will be moving this summer once DH gets a new job. He is...frustrated...with his current job and will be seeking a new teaching position for next fall...which means we will be moving (because our current apartment is connected to his current job). We won't be moving too far, somewhere in the area because I am keeping my job, but moving none-the-less.
    To be completely honest, I think I am more stressed out about this  process then the pregnancy. I hate packing/unpacking/organzing a full move. Plus not knowing when/where is killing me. Plus knowing this will also be a temporary move because I will want to buy a home again once he settles to really liking a school district.
    Ugh, I truly hate this.
    I am a planner and a nester. I am ready for my forever home.

imageimage 

http://media.thedailytouch.com/2013/08/lets-do-this-ucas-gif.gif

• Options
    mslovesbo said:
    I think I am more stressed out about this  process then the pregnancy. I hate packing/unpacking/organzing a full move. Plus not knowing when/where is killing me. Plus knowing this will also be a temporary move because I will want to buy a home again once he settles to really liking a school district.
    Ugh, I truly hate this.
    I am a planner and a nester. I am ready for my forever home.

This is exactly me, too.  Good luck!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're in a teeny tiny 3 bedroom duplex with a teeny tiny backyard. We've got three little guys and now one on the way. We need more space! And we'd really like to get a dog, but there's no way until we move. I hate not knowing where we're going to be when the baby is born. Like some of you already said, I'm a planner.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes! I swore I wasnt moving again until we buy. We have a 3bd townhome. My boys share a room. The room that would suit as a baby room is downstairs, its colder and ive come across quite a few spiders. But the room is too small for my boys to share. Sigh. I really didn't want to move until they finished elementary in 2 years.
  • Options
    Were probably going to move but only because my landlord is stingy with heat. We've complained multiple times but he doesn't get it (he lives downstairs so I don't know how he is not freezing all winter too!). It's a shame because we really like our apartment.

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Absolutely. We're in a 3 bed/1 bath house right now and it's cozy and we love it, but we need more space. We're in the process of getting a loan to finish our basement for more space!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're going to be working to finish our basement too. DH doesn't want to move yet, but we will need an extra bedroom unless we have DS (17months) share with the baby once baby is no longer in our room. We're thinking about putting space for a master in the basement...it's not ideal, but it's an option we're exploring. I hate the packing a reorganizing of moving, but it's going to be necessary eventually unless we put on a proper addition.
  • Options
    We just moved in March (DD was 9 months old during our move).  Our old house would've been fine with 2 small children, but we would've needed more space pretty quick.  The market was starting to pick up in our area, so we decided that we'd go ahead and buy our long-term home sooner rather than later so we didn't get priced out of the market.  Not to mention that the grade school near our old house was only rated 2 out of 10, and at the new house it's 10 out of 10.  I was not a fan of the whole buying & selling process, but I love our new house.

• Options
    yogahh said:
    Were probably going to move but only because my landlord is stingy with heat. We've complained multiple times but he doesn't get it (he lives downstairs so I don't know how he is not freezing all winter too!). It's a shame because we really like our apartment.
    Oh man that stinks.  Have you offered to give extra money for more heat? I'm always cold so I totally get how uncomfortable it can be.
  • Options
    We definitely need to move. Live in a tiny two bedroom apartment and DH's daughter lives with us on weekends and vacations and I have a son who is with me full time... Way out of room now.
  • Options
    Yes! My mother lives with us to help with DD bc DH and I have weird schedules. We live in a 3bd 2bth 3 story house. So...DH is havinga mother in law suite built in the basement with another bathroom as well. We have so much work to do before even thinking about starting to build the walls down there. It's very overwhelming.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options

yogahh said:

Oh man that stinks.  Have you offered to give extra money for more heat? I'm always cold so I totally get how uncomfortable it can be.

I shoudnt have to. Part of my rent is for heat. And this joke puts it on only in morning and a bit at night. What I should be doing is reporting him. It's ok. We want our own place anyways so it's a good kick in the butt!!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options

yogahh said:
    yogahh said:
    I shoudnt have to. Part of my rent is for heat. And this joke puts it on only in morning and a bit at night. What I should be doing is reporting him. It's ok. We want our own place anyways so it's a good kick in the butt!!
    Wow what a jerk!  You're right, sounds like he should be reported.  Good luck finding your new home. (and blast that heat when you do lol)
  • Options
    We were! We were living in a 3 bedroom house with one bedroom per floor with my two young sons. We decided to move this summer as the selling market is hot here. We closed a week after we found out we were expecting #3. Pretty close, hah! You can do a smaller house if you have to but moving is also nice. It was stressful but I got out of moving the heavier stuff! ;)
  • Options
    I will have three under three in a one bedroom one bathroom apartment until our lease is up the month following. We are moving states right after that and are trying to buy a house from a different state. Very stressful! But we will get through it!!