May 2016 Moms
Options

It still has not hit me yet, anyone else have this?

SMR2007SMR2007 member
edited September 2015 in May 2016 Moms
I found out last Sunday, so it's been over a week and it still has not fully sank in I am pregnant. I think it won't until I see the doctor or more people know. It's crazy!!

Re: It still has not hit me yet, anyone else have this?

• Options

I think it took about a week for it to sink in. 

My husband is still working on it!

image        image

• Options
    Same here! I found out last week, 9/3. I am 4 weeks preggers and I am still trying to convince myself it's real.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can go for a while without thinking about it, especially since no one knows!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I don't think it's quite hit me yet. I tend to forget for a min until I get a wave of nausea. :)

I think it will be more real for me after my first appointment.
  • Options
    I have 6 positive pee tests and still cant wrap my head around it (and totally worried the dr is going to tell me I am not KU and that I mess up peeing on a stick)

cat fail animated GIF

• Options

I have several positive tests and I wonder if maybe they are wrong. All morning my stomach has been a little queasy and I thought to myself, "I feel a little off". Then I remembered I am pregnant.

It really sounds silly to me too because with my boys it seemed to sink in right away.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• Options
    I'm more excited than in shock but it's weird to me referring to me as "us" now. My DH will ask "what you you guys want to dinner" referring to me and baby!
  • Options
    It's weird, because things are so different this time than with my son. Last time, I didn't get a BFP until more than a week after my missed period. This time, I got a BFP three days before my missed period.

This time I'm feeling nauseated and exhausted, and last time I didn't. Yet somehow, like you, I don't feel like it is real yet. And I still have a 2WW until I see my midwife for the first time!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I keep forgetting and have to remind myself that I can't eat/drink certain things. With DS I was constantly aware of it but I guess this time I'm more distracted. I'm going to enjoy this time though because I know once the nausea sets in I won't be able to think about anything else :((

• Options

I keep forgetting and have to remind myself that I can't eat/drink certain things. With DS I was constantly aware of it but I guess this time I'm more distracted. I'm going to enjoy this time though because I know once the nausea sets in I won't be able to think about anything else :((

I feel exactly the same way, @Bookhousegirl. I definitely think it's the distraction of DS that's making this pregnancy so different. Last time I was thinking about being pregnant ALL THE TIME. This pregnancy I catch myself thinking about what wine I want after dinner before remembering oh right, no wine after dinner for me. Damn.
  • Options
    I feel the same way. Nasea was full force last time this one is so different I forget! I find myself wanting things I can't have. I can't wait to hear the heart beat that's when things get real!
  • Options
    I've been on summer vacation up until today since I found out, so I've been thinking/journaling/reading about it a lot.  Then today I started back at work and was so busy for the first time, I almost forgot!
    Married since 7.21.12 

BFP #1: 8.26.15 

EDD: 5.4.16 

• Options
    Jumping in here, mine is in the sense that I don't feel excited or crazy into it like other people are. I am blessed and very thankful yes, but I just don't feel like it's a big deal..maybe it will be after my appt but right now, I don't bring it up or get as excited as my husband is..I feel kind of guilty.
  • Options

I'm more excited than in shock but it's weird to me referring to me as "us" now. My DH will ask "what you you guys want to dinner" referring to me and baby!

Awww that's so cute!
  • Options
    I can go for a while without thinking about it, especially since no one knows!
    This. I'll be working or grocery shopping and then suddenly I'll go, "Oh yeah, I'm pregnant!" 

At least I can feel some changes in my body (big boobies, nausea) that make it more real, but DH can't wait for our first ultra sound and for other people to know so it will feel more 'real' to him as well.
  • Options
    I'm 18 and found out a couple of weeks ago I'm pregnant, I found out quite early as well still hasn't sank in yet but have my first midwife appointment on Monday.. scary stuff.. hope all is well x
  • Options
    5 weeks here with my first pregnancy, found out Aug. 29th. It really hasn't hit me yet.. my boobs are big and sore and I feel a little queasy once in a while but nothing has really changed. Maybe I'll feel differently when I go to my first appointment in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    I think once I have my dating appointment it will be real.  I want to start telling people, because if I tell people it's real!
  • Options
    ejmo68ejmo68 member
    edited September 2015
    I think I have moments of realization. Then I can almost forget. I know it will be more real after my first U/S and see that heartbeat. That is when it became really real with my DD. It was the coolest thing and I cannot wait to experience it again as well as feeling the baby move. 

Edit-words are hard

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options
    It did not hit me till I saw the heart beat today. Then it hit me... wow did it ever hit me. <3<3<3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

It's weird, because things are so different this time than with my son. Last time, I didn't get a BFP until more than a week after my missed period. This time, I got a BFP three days before my missed period.

This time I'm feeling nauseated and exhausted, and last time I didn't. Yet somehow, like you, I don't feel like it is real yet. And I still have a 2WW until I see my midwife for the first time!

I have 2 weeks too. And I got really sick with my daughter, and do not want that back at all. I had to stay out of work because I felt so bad.