August 2015 Moms

Oops...Sorry baby!

2»

Re: Oops...Sorry baby!

• It's been fairly hot lately here in CNY. around 7 I left to go surprise LO's great-nana with a visit. It's about a half hour drive. We got there and she wasn't, so we just headed back home. She screamed the entire way home, and finally when I took her out of the car seat, she was pretty damn sweaty! I felt like such an awful mom. I always have the AC on for her too :(
  • I snagged LO's skin when I tried to trim her nails for the first time, and then kneed her in the head (not hard, but still) when I was changing her on the floor. WINNING.
  • Loading the player...
  • This thread is not helping my fear of trimming her nails. I'm so terrified of hurting her :(
  • I needed a shower this morning so put 2.5 year old DD in front of the TV and told her to mind DS for 10 minutes while I showered. That's ok isn't it??!! MOTY!

• I just discovered that DD has an indent on the top of her head....in the exact spot that I always rest my head on hers when she sleeps on my chest. Yep, I'm pretty sure I dented her head with my snuggles. :(

Don't all babies have a small dent where their soft spot is? Mine does.

I have no idea if this is true or not, but I'm choosing to believe it.  Thanks, @ambermom043!  :)

It is true, babies have a couple soft spots/indents in their skull called fontanelles that close up eventually (12mos+ I believe)...it's so their bones can shift as they go through the birth canal.
  • @Crystal321 I successfully clipped her nails today all by myself! I waited til she was asleep. Much easier. <:-P
  • This thread is not helping my fear of trimming her nails. I'm so terrified of hurting her :(

I use an emery board to file DD's nails for this reason!

Ditto. This is what our pediatrician recommended
  • Not to make you feel bad. But I'm glad I'm not the only one. So far I poked her in her eye (that's why I took my acrylic nails off) I dropped my phone on her head, squirted breastmilk on her face and yesterday I hit her head on my dresser. I was trying to not feel guilty about it and not feel like a terrible mom but this makes me feel better. Accidents happen and as moms we have to accept them, apologize to our little ones and try to be more careful next time.
  • Id been doing so good at this, but today I finally pinched her poor finger with the nail clippers! :(( i tried using an emery board before I ever even went to the clippers but it didnt really get me anywhere and those long nails had to go. So ive clipped them like 3 times successfully during feedings...until today...poor girl!
  • I've just woken up from a nap with dd after a feed, realised I hadn't got around to putting my boob away. She was soaked along with the bed. Also covered her in spaghetti bolognese after trying to eat my dinner at the same time as nursing. I think I need practice
  • Totally just poked her in the eye while trying to move my shirt out of her face. sorry sweetie.
  • I had LO lying on some pillows next to me on the couch. I guess the hot water bottle I'd been using (it wasn't hot anymore) had fallen on the floor. DH walked by, picked it up, and I guess didn't notice LO was there and threw it on the couch.. Right on her face! Poor baby lol she didn't even flinch though