Trouble TTC
Options

Introducing myself (child and loss mentioned)

Hi Everyone

I just found this group and wanted to introduce myself.  I am 32 years old and DH is also 32. We have been ttc #2 for 1 year and 4 months now.  We had our DS almost 3 years ago and had no problems getting/staying pregnant so we didn't anticipate problems this time.  

We tried for #2 on our own for 8 months before finally getting a BFP but sadly I miscarried at 7 weeks this past February.  At that point we decided to go see an RE.  I first had a lupus scare where some lab work the RE ran came up funky and it alluded to a lupus diagnosis, however we followed up with a rheumatologist and I do not have lupus but that caused for an extremely stressful month or two.  We then found out that I have DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) most likely caused my a permutation for Fragile X.  We knew about the permutation before having our son but nobody told us it could cause fertility problems and DOR otherwise we would have started trying for number 2 sooner.  

We did one month of clomid which was an epic fail. I didn't ovulate as it caused a cyst and I needed to take provera to get my period.  In the middle of the month on clomid we switched RE's to our current RE.  In July we did our first IUI cycle. I was on letrozole and Gonal F and then the ovidrel trigger and got a BFN.  We are in our 2ww of our second IUI.  this time we did letrozole and menopur with the ovidrel trigger.  My IUI was 2 weeks ago yesterday and my beta is tomorrow.  I am scared to take a hpt because I just don't want to see a bfn..i don't feel pregnant but I also tried really hard not to look for symptoms because I find when I do and I think I have all these pregnancy symptoms I never am pregnant..the month I was pregnant I didn't have nearly as many symptoms.  I am on estrogen and progesterone so I also know symptoms I do have are easily from that.  The only thing I have right now is my boobs seem bigger/heavier and occasionally hurt but not much. I also have a lot more clear watery discharge (probably from the progesterone but I don't remember it being like this last month and I was on the same progesterone and estrogen.

So that's me..if this IUI doesn't work I am not sure what we will do next..another IUI or try IVF..we will discuss with the dr.  My husband is hesitant to do IVF because of the cost and my numbers we aren't even sure how many eggs we would get so is the cost worth the risk??  

Thanks for welcoming me!

Re: Introducing myself (child and loss mentioned)

• Options
    Welcome and I am sorry for your loss.   You seem to be doing all of the right things, so I hope that your stay will be short and sweet.   If it comes down to IVF, it might make sense to do it because even though you're DOR, your eggs are probably still healthy because of your age.   Good luck!

Married for 7 years, TTC for 4 years
    dx:  Diminished Ovarian Reserve
    2 Clomid IUI's + 4 injectable IUI's= 5 BFNs and 1 mc

• Options
    Hi @rachlee2010! I know you from the Infertility board. :) Welcome. Let us know what your beta is! My beta is 9/15. I don't plan to test beforehand either. Can't handle the disappointment!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hi @adorkablepixie...my beta was today..BFN onto the next cycle..waiting for AF and to talk to the dr tomorrow about what's next
  • Options
    Oh no! I'm so sorry. :( I hope this next cycle will be successful for you!

Me: 31

DH: 29, SA - Great

Married: June 12,2011

TTC #1: 1/2014

Diagnosis: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea

Treatment: Clomid:  50mg, 100mg, 150mg - not successful and not monitored

Menopur 75ml (upped to 112.5ml), Ovidrel, & IUI  IUI #1 8/31/2015

9/15/2015: BFP HCG - 400, 9/17/2015: HCG - 827, 9/21/2015 - HCG 3,327!
    Heartbeat 10/2/2015: 118bpm
    DS: 5/27/2016

TTC# 2: 12/2017
    BFP: 4/20/2018
    EDD: 12/29/2018
  • Options
    @rachlee2010 I'm sorry for the loss and the lupus scare. I really wish providers would run a second test instead of freaking people out instantly. Fx for your next cycle to be successful.