May 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest. All your complaints go here!

This is the point in pregnancy that I want to murder DH. All he has to do is exist and I want to bite his head off. He took DS to the park this morning so I could clean in peace (another sign of pregnancy for me: obsessive need to clean) and the entire time I was seething that he wasn't helping me. Never mind the fact that I ASKED him to get out of the house. Oy.

Now we're supposed to be at a BBQ at my parents house in an hour and he's trying to get a little painting done on our farmer's porch before we go. I know it's going to make us late (not a big deal at all, my parents couldn't care less) but all I want to do is tip over the beer he has sitting on the railing.

Ughhhh I hate feeling this way!!

Re: Monday Bitchfest. All your complaints go here!

• I applied to a job that I'm perfect for (a little over qualified if anything). They let me know that they would leave the ad up until August 31 and would then start inviting people. I haven't heard anything yet, not even a rejection. I really hope they'll get back to me soon but I'm feeling less hopeful every day (and the ad is still up on their website!). Just pick meeeee!
  • DD is destroying my house while I'm trying to study. I can't study because who can understand 8 chapters at once. I need a nap.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1: 11/15/2010 * Missed M/C 12/28 * D&C 12/29/2010
    BFP#2: 3/31/2011 * IT'S A GIRL! * Born 11/17/2011
    BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
    BFP#4 9/3/2015 * Team Green turned PINK * Born 05/16/2016
    BFP#5 12/26/2017 *SURPRISE* Due 09/02/2018
  • Loading the player...
  • I am so freaking tired it is unreal. I actually made it through today without a nap (two days in a row!) and I am now looking at the clock and seriously considering if 7:15 is too early for bed.
    imageimageimage
    LFAF September Siggy Challenge

• I can't stop eating all the things.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited September 2015
    First trimester fatigue with a toddler is a little rough. On the weekend I still need the time during naptime to keep the house in order but I want to sleep while he's sleeping so badly. Saturday, I tried to coax DS into a second nap when I hit the 2:00pm exhaustion wall...he cuddled with me for a few minutes, then squirmed so suddenly that he accidentally kicked me in the head.

@kmalls I've felt that way too! DH has been trying to help out a little more, and I swing between thanking him for pitching in, and bitching that he's still not doing enough. I feel bad.

All in all though, I'll take mood swings and fatigue for a baby. : ) Thankfully, MS hasn't kicked in full force yet!
    Edited-- apparently spelling is hard today for me.
  • I hate the word Bitch. And I'm not a prude or anything; I swear way too often. Just not that word. That is my Monday complaint. 
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• My Fiancé left this morning for business on the other side of the country and won't be back until Friday night. I hate that he's gone during my first trimester. What if something bad happens?! I made him promise to have his phone on him always. He is gone again for 4 days later this month too! Grr
  • DH has been gone for 3 days, and I missed him, but within 10 seconds of him getting back, he was annoying the crap out of me...for zero reason. 

An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

• The pumpkin beer and cider is taunting me :(

I swear, y'all, I'm not an alcoholic, but the pumpkin things! Beer! I should have looked for non-alcoholic beer at the grocery store today, dang it...

Beer and wine are my weakness, seriously. Especially craft beer. Sometimes after a hard day at school coming home and drinking a beer is what I need.

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • DH has been gone for 3 days, and I missed him, but within 10 seconds of him getting back, he was annoying the crap out of me...for zero reason. 

DH works offshore 14 days at a time and is home 14 days. By the 6-7th day of him home, I'm ready for him to get his rear out of the house lol

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • My husband is getting ready to deploy and we are trying to pack our house so the kids and I can move back with my family. Packing and feeling nauseous is no fun!
  • My husband keeps wanting to DO things and I just want to nap forever. He is currently knee deep in some crazy project and I am lying on the couch just watching my son tear up the playroom. When is bedtime?!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Docfam5 I recall from another thread you were around Alexandria area, how close to base are you? Sorry if this is too personal ;)

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • Docfam5 said:

@megnwingate VERY close

Me too. Too bad y'all are leaving! Im actually closer to the main gate than North Polk.

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • Shut up! You're around the corner! @megnwingate
  • Docfam5 said:

Shut up! You're around the corner! @megnwingate

I'm actually 2.5 miles north of Rosepine and the neighborhood I live in consists mostly of military families. We are probably some of the only civilian families in here lol

BFP#3 CP 11/15/2014 
  • I want this persistent cramp to go away and Thursday to be here so I can get beta draw AGAIN and U/S done. It is torture not knowing what is going on with my little bean. Is my beta's going up, down, or what. Is my little bean in my uterus or my tube? Is this a healthy pregnancy or not. I'm going crazy!!!
  • KKMalinowskiKKMalinowski member
    edited September 2015
    gracefulruby33 Amen to that, looking at ANY food makes me nauseated, but eating is very necessary and unavoidable. No puking yet though!!!

@lalala2004 And pumpkin spice lattes!
  • @megnwingate small world! That area is so nice!
  • I start work again tomorrow, I'm a teacher.. I am totally happy and grateful that I had off with my little guy for the summer but I don't want to go back!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyGaga
  • I don't want to go back to work tomorrow. Enough said.  :-S
    (Me) 30 & (DH) 32 {Together 11 years - Married 04.17.15}

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
    TTC Baby #2 since 06/15 | BFP 9/4/15 | EDD 5/07/16

BabyGaga

• gracefulruby33 Amen to that, looking at ANY food makes me nauseated, but eating is very necessary and unavoidable. No puking yet though!!!

I'm pretty sure Starbucks can make those decaf, so we're good.

Sadly, I tried to get a latte from another local breakfast place, and they didn't have decaf :( 'twas sad indeed.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• gracefulruby33 Amen to that, looking at ANY food makes me nauseated, but eating is very necessary and unavoidable. No puking yet though!!!

I'm pretty sure Starbucks can make those decaf, so we're good. Sadly, I tried to get a latte from another local breakfast place, and they didn't have decaf :( 'twas sad indeed.
    Yaas I had a decaf pumpkin spice latte yesterday

• They also make a nice Pumpkin Spice Chai though it does have caffeine in it.
    imageimageimage

• JessicaB0627JessicaB0627 member
    edited September 2015
    KristieA said:

They also make a nice Pumpkin Spice Chai though it does have caffeine in it.

And it can't be made without caffeine! Devastating! Luckily I know someone that works at Starbucks. She got me the hookup way before they had released their pumpkin flavor!

ETA also before I knew I was KTFU
  • dsmith211dsmith211 member
    edited September 2015
    Finally came to a decision on my doctor so appt will be made tomorrow, but omg I hate my insurance, looking up reviews of doctors, practices, hospitals, etc. I found one amazing doctor who normally delivers at the hospital I wanted but she is only taking new gyn patients at this time. Wah.

I found one who wasn't too bad and is about 5 mins from my house and delivers at a decent hospital (A little farther than the one I really wanted but oh well) so we'll see how this goes.

Edit: and Starbucks just sent me a text reminder about Pumpkin Spice Lattes and it made me sad. :(
  • @kbrands7 I totally feel you on the toddler thing. DH goes back to work tomorrow after the 3 day weekend and I'm dreading not being able to take a nap :(

• I know. I am so sad to give up my chais. I guess I can switch to decaf pumpkin lattes but they are not the same.

I was trying to find out how much caffeine was in a chai so I can bargain my way to one if I am dying for the taste. It's probably better not to know!
    imageimageimage

• Ok, hold on to your hats for this one:
    My husband offered to do the laundry since my son is getting his 2yr molars and is super clingy. So he left for work and all I can see are 3 baskets filled with crumpled clothes. Are they clean? Dirty? Only the nose knows! After doing sniff test, they are all clean (hallelujah!) so I trudge them upstairs with my whiney boy trailing behind.

We get upstairs for bedtime and what do I see but his pee stained sheets from his nap still on his bed! I swear I told my husband to throw those in the wash! Maybe I didn't so I start ripping off the sheets while my over tired toddler pulls at my shirt, pleading for "Uppies!" Suddenly, what should land on my hand but THE BIGGEST FUCKING SPIDER OF ALL TIME! I screamed and dropped the mattress while my son darted out of the room. As the mattress fell, the pee sheets slingshotted off and whipped me in the face, starting my nose a-bleeding.

So now, I am covered in blood, about to vomit from the smell of stale pee and my son is crying in the other room. What to do but put my son to bed in my bed, clean up what I can, take a shower and curl up with my little guy for an early night. Where will my husband sleep? No clue, and I don't care because somehow this is all his fault!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @laurenmdrn16 oh my god. You win Monday Bitchfest. Clingy toddler, a spider, blood...I can't even. I got anxiety just reading your post! I wish I could send you a glass of wine, but oh yeah...you're pregnant on top of all that. Go to bed and hopefully tomorrow is a better day!!
  • KristieA said:
    I know. I am so sad to give up my chais. I guess I can switch to decaf pumpkin lattes but they are not the same. I was trying to find out how much caffeine was in a chai so I can bargain my way to one if I am dying for the taste. It's probably better not to know!
    A tall chai tea latte has 75mg of caffeine

• 2 year olds. Enough said?
  • I cried at the grocery store today. That is all.
  • @laurenmdrn16 too bad you can't have a drink!
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyGaga
  • I swear I am so moody that I can't even stand myself! I want a beer and I want this 90 degree heat wave to end. And all I want to do is lay around bc I'm so tired. I'm a psych nurse and feel like I should be the patient! Ugh!
  • babymaldo said:

I swear I am so moody that I can't even stand myself! I want a beer and I want this 90 degree heat wave to end. And all I want to do is lay around bc I'm so tired. I'm a psych nurse and feel like I should be the patient! Ugh!

You totally just described my day. Add to it the fact that all day long I'm dragging then can't sleep at night. I swear. If my DH snores and hogs the bed again tonight, I am not responsible for my actions.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Yikes @laurenmdrn16 . Nowhere to go but up from a day like that, right?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers