3rd Trimester
Options

Stretch marks

I never thought I'd have to worry about this but here I am crying almost everyday. I'm getting so many stretch marks on my abdomen! Mind you I've always been fit and careful with my body. I was using cocoa butter and oils and staying hydrated but it was not enough to prevent it.

I try to look past it and find joy in the fact that the baby is coming but I'm so disappointed.
Can anyone relate!?

Re: Stretch marks

• Options
    I don't think I would've cared so much if people all around me didn't talk so much about it the beginning. They would say things "you better be careful or you will get stretch marks and those look nasty!!" Sometimes people have no idea how much their words can affect someone else. But thanks anyways ladies I appreciate it. I'm going to learn to accept them.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Deeny14 said:

If stretch marks lead to a baby, it's all worth it in the end. Please put this into perspective.
    This...
    It's part of motherhood. Besides, they're more than just "stretch marks" your earning your Tiger Stripes... Sorry your body won't be perfect after you carry and give birth to your LO but you will have the honor of being a mother...
    I know women who would give their left eye for a stretch mark from a baby belly...
  • Options
    I can relate to this. I used bio oil twice a day throughout my first pregnancy and I honestly thought I could defy genetics and prevent stretch marks. I got a LOT of stretch marks at around week 37. I was really disappointed and I hated to look at them in the mirror, especially after DS was born.
    I'll be honest; it took me a long time to accept them. It was a while even after they turned white. But I got there in the end and I feel quite proud of them now because I got them by growing my baby.
    It sounds like the people saying those things to you are being pretty immature. Try to ignore them. And love yourself! Be proud of your tiger stripes! :)
  • Options

I don't think I would've cared so much if people all around me didn't talk so much about it the beginning. They would say things "you better be careful or you will get stretch marks and those look nasty!!" Sometimes people have no idea how much their words can affect someone else. But thanks anyways ladies I appreciate it. I'm going to learn to accept them.

You'll notice more and more throughout your pregnancy that people have no filter. It seems worse when they talk about you're pregnancy too.
  • Options
    I can totally relate to this, when the midwife pointed out my first stretchmark with my first preg I was absolutely devastated all day! Told my husband and he said i dont know why your so bothered you already had them! Which i did, faded but still there on my thighs and boobs. I made sure I put oil on at least twice a day and they were never red and angry so i think it helped a bit, i feel your pain! Yes we know that we are lucky to get a baby but it doesnt mean we can't be a bit upset by them!
  • Options

You'll notice more and more throughout your pregnancy that people have no filter. It seems worse when they talk about you're pregnancy too.

And after you have the baby people will notice 100% of the things you do wrong, but only 50% of the things you do right.
  • Options

I never thought I'd have to worry about this but here I am crying almost everyday. I'm getting so many stretch marks on my abdomen! Mind you I've always been fit and careful with my body. I was using cocoa butter and oils and staying hydrated but it was not enough to prevent it.

I try to look past it and find joy in the fact that the baby is coming but I'm so disappointed.
    Can anyone relate!?

Yes. The marks fade. Genetics are the key factor (as you are discovering) in acquisition of stretch marks. So if you are going to get them then you will.

It's senseless to get worked up about a fact of nature & pregnancy. It is not a personal failing to get them.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    TacoSarahTacoSarah member
    edited September 2015

There are things you can do to help them become less noticeable after the birth. Dermarollering is the most effective treatment. Also topical treatments such as RX retinods like Retin-A can help.

• Options
    I have stretch marks on almost my entire abdomen, my butt, thighs, and the most annoying area - my boobs. My boobs got it really bad because I was an a/b and now I'm a c from the pregnancy. Honestly I don't Even care lol the first few were alittle surprising. I remember discovering my first one and running into our bedroom and showing it off to my husband. I was like " now were twinsies" as a joke because he has been working out and has gotten stretch marks from the muscles. He kinda gave me a weird look and said "your not supposed to get those" lol yeah it was rude of him but he quickly figured that out. He apologized and is a lot more sensitive about those things now. Maybe it should have bothered me but honestly my stretchmarks represent my two baby girls' growth and very near arrival. That's the perspective you gotta keep in your mind. If faded stretchmarks are gonna be the only thing that bothers you about your body years from now, won't you think it's totally worth it? Your body is even more beautiful now, not because of how fit it is or that's it's tan (if it is lol), but because it will birth your perfect little baby.
  • Options
    My mom had 3 babies, not a single stretch mark. I take after her more than my dad physically and medically. But I got them. I used Mary Kay toneing lotion after its amazing!!! But I use now, coconut oil, vitamin e oil, with frankincense and lavender. It actually has made my bump look better as weeks go on!!!! My skin is looking more even! I'm going to add myrrh oil to it soon if I can afford it. I've always been fit too and you really can't tell after baby when your skin goes back with all I used!!! A little but it was ok!
  • Options
    nik6499nik6499 member
    edited September 2015
    Nothing you can do will make them go away. They lighten up after time naturally on their own and have a more silvery appearance than the bright pink they are now. You can spend a fortune on creams and lotions and things that won't work, the only medical recomendation offered to patients is vitamin e. But it is acknowledged it is t going to make them go away And nothing you did made them appear
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • Options
    Who ever decided stretch marks were ugly to begin with???
  • Options

Aw, people saying stuff like that...? Honestly.. they ARE genetic from what I understand and the switch isn't even a yes/no thing. Some people get a few, some get more or less. Some get them but only on certain body parts. But they also fade, I hear. And I also hear there are ways to treat them. So it's not so bad, right