May 2016 Moms
Options

Anyone facing a divorce?

Hi all. I am 5w4d now and my husband knows about it. He told me he wants a divorce last night because of all the wrong reasons like I dont clean the house perfectly and I don't exercise as much with him. I am devastated. I appreciate any advice that you have!

Re: Anyone facing a divorce?

• Options
    He sounds like a jerk. I'm sorry you are having to go through this at the same time as a pregnancy. 

image image
  • Options
    Thanks @.Kelly. I will try my best for my baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yikes. I know that in my state you can't get a divorce until the child is born. What a piece of work. I'm so sorry, you and this baby deserve waaaaaaaaaay better. Ick.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are dealing with that.

I can't understand how difficult that must be but no matter what you don't deserve that right now.

is this something that has come up in the past? Have you guys tried to work on things?

image        image

• Options
    I'm sorry you're going through that. I've been through a divorce and it was the worst thing ever. But my daughter and I ended up being better off and not in a toxic environment. I have since remarried and the 3 (going to be 4)of us are extremely happy. I hope you guys can either get counseling and figure out the cause of his feelings (maybe he's dealing out over the baby). But either way you don't deserve that especially being pregnant.
  • Options
    NebF said:

Yikes. I know that in my state you can't get a divorce until the child is born. What a piece of work. I'm so sorry, you and this baby deserve waaaaaaaaaay better. Ick.

It is in my state as well. I would look in to the laws of your state.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Thank you everyone. I will try to talk to him again to see if we can get counseling. Otherwise, I am strong enough to be a single mother. Thank you all for your support.
  • Options
    I don't think Im facing divorce, but dh did not have the reaction I thought he would. When I was pg with my 2nd and my oldest was 8 mos old I moved out, did the single mom thing for 4 years. Stay strong and do whats best for you and your baby. I remember being very stressed out, and losing weight 2nd trimester. It was a horrible environment. I have a very close bond with my boys, they're now 8 & 9.
  • Options
    @khgahol Just a note to send you positive thoughts. I'm sorry you are going through that!
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    @khgahol I'm so sorry you're going through this. My first child's sperm donor behaved a lot like you described your husband, before during and after my pregnancy. When my son was 3 months old and still in the hospital from being a preemie he broke up with me, after Anthony was 6 months old he continued to emotionally abuse me and I told him that he needed to go if he did that in front of my son, and he left and never came back. It's painful to hear but, 13 years later I know in my heart we were better off without him. Hopefully your husband will step up and do right, and I know you love him, but you don't need this emotional abuse at all. You are right, you're definitely strong enough to do it.
  • Options
    So sorry you're dealing with this! You definitely don't deserve to be treated like that, especially when all you should have to focus on is growing a baby!
  • Options
    I would bet money that he's having an affair. Wanting to end a marriage over ridiculous things is pretty textbook. I say this as someone who has been on all three sides of an affair before. My best advice is to call your ob and get an appointment for a full std workup asap. Even if you think I'm completely off base, better safe than sorry, especially when you're pregnant.
    After that, try some counseling for yourself, and if he wants to come back, let him know the only way to attempt it is with lots and lots of counseling- his, hers, and ours.
    And if he doesn't, you're going to be ok without him. Make sure you work with the office of recovery services in your state to get child support, unless termination of parental rights is warranted.
    Being a single mom sucks, but it's totally doable. Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear you're having to deal with this right now! Sending positive thoughts your way.