May 2016 Moms
Options

HcG numbers?

anyone 5+ weeks and have their HcG numbers? Had mine done Tuesday at 5w and it was 513, redraw was yesterday and went up to 1,100. Tuesday had an ultrasound and only saw thick uteran lining and a "possible" spot where the doctor said the sac may be forming...but my uterus is tilted so he 1. Said that it's too early to see anything now anyways and 2. May be hard to see because of it being tilted. He was happy to see my numbers jump up yesterday and didn't mention doing anything again (u/s or HcG). Just said good news and hope I'm doing well and that I have an intake appt in 2 weeks before a "confirmation appt." Curious to see if anyone else is in a similar boat as me. Can't help but worry!

Re: HcG numbers?

• Options
    I cannot say I understand your situation. I've never been told my HcG levels in any of my pregnancies. But I do hope that everything is great in your tummy and LO is growing strong!
  • Options
    I cannot say I understand your situation. I've never been told my HcG levels in any of my pregnancies. But I do hope that everything is great in your tummy and LO is growing strong!
    I am so glad I'm not the only one not getting these tests... I feel like I'm doing something wrong!

OP, from what I know from reading around here, those numbers and that image sound normal to me. HCG should double every 48 hours.
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am on the down side of these damn tests.. I have had 3 draws this week. Monday was 190, Wednesday was 270, and today was 369.rising slowly but not doubling. I am 4wks5d. I have an u/s this coming Thursday @ 5wks4d and another draw but the nurse said my numbers were concerning and I should be cautiusly optomistic that is is a healthy pregnancy.
  • Options
    Are you sure of your ovulation date? It just sounds to me, and I'm NOT a dr, that you ovulated later. My numbers were 23 at 8dpo and 9555 at 22 dpo, 5 wks 1 day.  I had an u/s at 5 wks 3 days and we saw a gestational sac and the yolk sac.  It's too early to see much else.  I have a very tilted uterus and we've never had an issue seeing anything. I'm totally not saying anything is wrong, btw.  Your numbers are doubling within the time limit, and that's a good sign. 
  • Options
    cookmommy5cookmommy5 member
    edited September 2015
    I guess my ovulation date may be off? I took a test last Tuesday, the 25th and it was negative...I was due to get my period that day as well. But then I got a positive (faint) on Saturday the 29th when I was 4 days late. And because it was faint, I ended up taking 9 more over like 4 days and they got darker and darker and finally the last one yesterday was DARK. So maybe my date is off? The doctor is going by my LMP (July 28th) so he said this past Tuesday (9/1) after my HcG was 513, he said it was accurate to say 5 weeks from my LMP. I don't know, I guess I'm confused. I didn't have all this stuff go on with my first child. I got a BFP at 6 weeks, got told to get my blood done and have an u/s 2 weeks later. Never told anything about levels or anything.
  • Options
    Yeah, if I went by my LMP, my due date would be April 25th, I'm due May 2nd by ovulation.  I only get my levels done because of recurrent miscarriages. This is my second pregnancy dealing with them. They're nerve racking!  
  • Options
    Ok then maybe ovulated late then! Good to know! I hate these numbers!! Lol they nerve racking is a great way to put it!
  • Options
    jteix1jteix1 member
    edited September 2015
    I started spotting so they had me go in to check my HCG levels yesterday. I had a previous loss this past December.They told me today at 5wk 3 days that it was 3433. So I have to go back Sunday to check if it doubled. I pray that it does because I know I will be devastated if I have another loss. Good luck with everything! I hope it all works out :-)
  • Options
    Thank you! And My fingers are crossed for you!! I hope those numbers double! Let me know how it goes!
  • Options
    That seems fine! As long as they're doubling, you're good! We found out really early because of fertility treatments. My first beta at 13dpiui (1 day before period is due) was 81, and two days later had almost tripled to 221. I'm not getting an ultrasound before I'm 7 weeks (so we'll hopefully see a heartbeat). There definitely wouldn't be that much to see so early in the game.
  • Options
    vinerievinerie member
    edited September 2015
    Is this standard? I have really good insurance and they said they don't typically bring anyone in until 8 weeks. Did you ask for the blood draw appt. at this stage, or is it standard with your practice to bring you in this early? I would love an earlier appt. myself, but the receptionist was pretty firm about not coming in until 8 weeks. **edited for autocorrect mistake
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• Options
    I was having some pain so they brought me in to check things out. Found out I have a small cyst (normal for me)
  • Options
    I'm with the others. . . Sounds like everything may be on track and that you aren't as far as long as you had thought.  With my first, they didn't do any HCG counts.  When we went in for our first ultrasounds (thinking we were late 6 to early 7 weeks) we measured early 5 weeks.  It was a shock. Turns out I had ovulated VERY late that month.

Doubling numbers is a good sign.  Good luck!

1: BFP 3/14/14; EDD 12/1/14; MMC with HB, D&C 5/8/14
    2: BFP 1/31/15; EDD 10/09/15; MMC with HB, Cytotec 3/16/15
    6/9/15 Diagnosed MTHFR Compound Heterozygous
    3. BFP 8/27/15; EDD 5/08/16

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Im 4 weeks pregnant and my hcg levels were 72 monday and 280 wednesday, have to go in again this Wednesday to see if my levels have gone up. I had a scan because of light bleeding and cramps but i was to early to show, apart from a thickend endometrial lining. Im sure everything is okay, i was told sometimes you may not see anything in the scan until 6+
  • Options
    @vinerie I've had 3 previous miscarriages. One at 38 weeks and another at 21 weeks. My last one was this past December at 10 weeks. I just started spotting so they asked me to go in to check my HCG levels. When you have a normal pregnancy they won't typically see you until 8 weeks.
  • Options
    jteix1 said:
    @vinerie I've had 3 previous miscarriages. One at 38 weeks and another at 21 weeks. My last one was this past December at 10 weeks. I just started spotting so they asked me to go in to check my HCG levels. When you have a normal pregnancy they won't typically see you until 8 weeks.

Oh, my--I'm so sorry to hear of your losses. Best wishes that things go smoothly for you this time. And much appreciation for the explanation about dr. Visit timing.
    Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16