Toddlers: 24 Months+

Asthma?

So DS has recently been diagnosed with asthma (@ 18 months). He has had a constant string of illnesses and was in the hospital with pneumonia in June. July he got an upper respiratory infection and now has another. We have been using Budesonide 2x a day and Zyrtec everyday since July and now Albuterol and Singulair on top of that. Anyone else have experience with asthma at such a young age? We don't have any history of this in our family so I don't know anything. Do they grow out of it? What things should I avoid, look out for? What helped your kiddos?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Asthma?

• I'm not sure if you are on facebook but the group Asthma in Children Support Group was very useful when I joined after my son kept getting croup which is often tied to asthma.  
  • DS has asthma which isn't shocking since I do too. I can tell you that at almost 4yo he is much  better now than he was as a baby. He also has some food allergies.. so now that we know his triggers, it has gotten much better. We do zyrtec 2x/day and pulmicort daily during allergy season (spring and fall generally) and it is completely manageable. He is obviously still young, but I can tell you that I grew out of the worst of it by the time I hit high school and deal only with occasional flare ups now. It's not as scary as it sounds!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! That makes me feel a little better. Do candles or diffusers cause flare ups?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker