May 2016 Moms

new mommy - so scared!

Hi all, I'm new here! I'm still not up to date with all of the abbreviations so forgive me. I just found out last Sunday that my little poppy seed was growing. 4w6d today :) Totally unexpected but hubby and I are so excited. Im not sure if it's still the shock of it all (I got an X-ray last week and had a few drinks...seriously, was shocked on Sunday...) but I'm terrified I've messed up already and that something bad is going to happen. Every little twinge I'm in the bathroom checking for blood - I feel insane.. Please tell me I'm not alone!

Re: new mommy - so scared!

• I'm a nurse and not the most careful with xrays... or occassional alcohol... so I'm right there with you. I bet we are good.
  • Congrats on the BFP! Try not to stress out, as it's not good for your little bean. All you can do is eat healthy, drink lots of water and take it easy.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I had a few drinks with my last pregnancy before I knew I was pregnant and that one turned out ok, and my doc said that a single X-ray session is very unlikely to cause harm. I totally understand what you're feeling; a lot of new mamas have these doubts, but it's not likely that your little bean was harmed by anything you did before you found out you were pregnant. Congrats, and I hope you enjoy the ride!
  • When you're that early, you aren't sharing much with the baby, so you're probably fine.

Good luck and congrats!
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers