January 2016 Moms

Funneling cervix?

im getting worried . I'm 20 weeks today and when I went in for my ultrasound, I told the technician that I was having a lot of pain and that I would come and go.. It feels like my vagina is about to fall through my pants( literally). She checked my cervix and she found out that it opens a little when pressure is applied to it. I'm reading the Internet and it's scaring the heck out of me. I'm here at my doctors appointment now- I had a full term healthily pregnancy with my first daughter. I had an early miscarriage two years ago. Any one survived this with a. Healthy baby?

Re: Funneling cervix?

• STOP READING THE INTERNET!!!  Just wait for your doctor.  The internet is the worst place to look up medical stuff.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I know- I cried my eyes out before the doctor came in. He is putting me on bed rest and I have to see him every week until further notice. He said if it don't get any better he will have to put me in the hospital and sew me up.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm glad they're being so proactive! Thank you for the update. Let us know how you're doing.
  • I will @bella2210 . The doctor's nurse called me back today to inform me I do have a small infection (bv) . They called in a prescription to my pharmacy. She said it's a five day treatment. I will let you know about that as well. I'm just happy I bought up these symptoms instead of riding them off as normal. What made him check to see if I had an infection was me complaining of a smell. It's not a strong odor but it's itchy and the smell is aggravating. He also told me he would have never guessed my cervix was funneling if the technician wouldn't have checked my cervix from the ultrasound. Please ladies, if you have pain and you can barely walk and a funny smell - please tell your doctor! He said the funneling may be caused by an infection- so that's what made him swab me to get tested.
  • I had to get sewn up last year. Still ended in miscarriage as I had contractions at 22 weeks. Also ask your doc about a pessary, I have that in now, and it seems to be working well for me, along with the stitch.
  • Sorry to hear that. I prayed about it and feel a lot better. I've been in scarier situations and been delivered- I know that baby will be fine:) I'll keep you ladies posted