July 2015 Moms
Options

Boobie lump

Ive got a lump in my right boob. Just happened today.
Took a hot shower, pumped, massaged, hot towel and now a heating pad.

Would I get immediate relief or does it take a while for it to go away?

My son has an appointment tomorrow and hopefully the lactation consultant will be free so I can get some help from her.

Re: Boobie lump

• Options
    Large lump? Near the nipple? Does it hurt? Just curious
  • Options
    @ecloho closer to my arm pit. I've have a heating pad on it and it started leaking. Now I'm pumping again.

I've been trying to nurse him more from this side. I usually favor the left.

I think maybe the sudden change might have caused it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It can be very painful. I had same. I massaged for 1-2 hrs, took lots of ibuprofen pumped while massaging (I was so blocked only 1/2 oz came in 45 min of pumping)..at end of day was much better, next day gone. And "nurse it out".
  • Options
    @ashleytiff the lump itself started to leak?? Or your breast/nipple?
  • Options
    I read in another forum to pump/nurse on all fours. I put on a pumping bra, turn the pump on high and massage the lump and it goes away pretty quickly.
  • Options
    @csheppard2 I'll have to lock myself in my room and try that haha. FIL is visiting.
  • Options
    Totally normal! Keep doing what you're doing!
  • Options
    Clogs suck. Keep doing what you are doing-heat, massage, nurse/pump often. I get them often. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! I have a lump in my breast, it didn't go away after 12 hours of extra feeding/pumping massage and heat compress. Went to the doctor and it's a benign tumor (apparently fairly common to have in the breasts) just fyi if you don't see it go away it's better to see your dr to make sure it isn't something else!
  • Options
    I get these if I go a long time (like 5 or 6 hours) without nursing/pumping. I read that it's best to start feeding your LO from the side it's on since they suck harder when they first start.

Mine can go away in a couple of hours or a couple of days. It sounds like you're doing everything right. Sometimes you just have to wait them out
  • Options
    I've had them take a day or so to go away. And that's making LO strictly nurse from that side and pump often.
  • Options
    If you ever see a little white bubble on your nipple, pop it with a needle and the backed up milk will squirt out of it. It works ever time for me, and I am prone to clogged milk ducts. I just massage my boob really hard until it shows up.
  • Options
    It's likely a clogged duct. But don't just ignore it. Definitely get it checked out by a doctor just to be sure it's nothing else.
  • Options
    I had a lump and worked it out with hot showers, massage, and constant nursing or pumping. It was a little red, so I wish I had seen a doctor. Thankfully, the lump went away in a day, but the area was a bit sore for the next couple of days.
  • Options
    It's gone guys! But my nipple is super sore from LO sucking hard and pumping constantly.