3rd Trimester
Options

Natural Birth

any mamas on Here had a natural birth? Want to share your experience ? Lol I'm curious to know what I'm in for .. Besides I love to hear other people's stories :)

Re: Natural Birth

• Options
    BigboobsmcgeeBigboobsmcgee member
    edited September 2015

People might flip out on you for saying "natural birth" when I think what you mean is "med free". Just a heads up.

I enjoyed and still enjoy hearing stories about labor but the only thing those stories show me is that all births are totally different.

I didn't want a med free birth with my second child but she came so quick there wasn't time for an epidural. I wasn't prepared, I was terrified and I honestly thought the pain was going to kill me. It was the most horrible pain I'd ever experienced in my life. BUT, looking back, I feel pretty bad ass and it was such a cool experience.

With that being said, if I had another baby I would NEVER EVER EVER go med free.

• Options
    I've had two fantastic med-free births. Yeah they were hard work, but I'm sure running a marathon is too.

I do think your birth experience comes down to a lot of luck. I don't think I'm particularly tough, or anything like that, just I never hit a wall of, "I can't do this." My labours were relatively short, and I never had to make any decisions in regards to choosing an intervention or pushing through for longer etc.

Best wishes in your labour.
    Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had an epidural with my first baby and no epidural or any pain meds with my other two babies. It honestly wasn't as bad as I've been told. I just breathed through everything. But I also had fast deliveries. Only 2/3 hours each labor. Just breathe and tell yourself it's almost over. I was just thinking I get a beautiful baby after all this, so worth it.
  • Options
    I had my daughter with no drugs or interventions. I may have just been lucky but I was never in a lot of pain. I went in confident and as prepared as I could be and I think that helped a lot. I had support and was not afraid. My labor was long but not difficult. Pushing was less than 30 minutes. I'm due in two weeks with DD2 and hope to have a similar experience, if not better since it won't be my first time. You can do it. Read a lot, watch a lot of birth videos on YouTube. Memorize or print out affirmations. Keep active. Good luck
  • Options
    I did it once with my second, but I'll never do it again! This is my fourth and I'm all about that epidural!
  • Options
    I've had two med free births back to back and honestly, if you can get through the contractions you can get through the actual delivery part. I would say that's the hardest part and it honestly felt like my "who ha" was on fire. Both both times I was in labor lasted about six hours and while it was painful, you can honestly breathe through it. Just listen to your body, try to relax, and don't over think it. Your body will do all the work. Luck to you!
  • Options
    With my previous two pregnancies I was in labour for each 40+ hours including hours of pushing. I did use laughing gas though which didn't help with pain but helped keep me focused through contractions and help with my breathing. I did like that there was no long lasting effect and when I didn't want it I had the choice. I will be using it again if needed.