May 2016 Moms
Options

Moms with older kids: what convertible car seat do you recommend?

DS is approaching the length limit for his infant car seat and I'm sick of lugging it around. Does anyone have super strong love for their convertible seat? I thought I liked the EvenFlo Symphony until I ran past it in Babies R Us last week and the thing seems HUGE. We have a giant car so space isn't really an issue, but that car seat seemed ridiculous.

What say you?

Re: Moms with older kids: what convertible car seat do you recommend?

• Options
    edited September 2015
    We have a Britax Boulevard. It's great and super comfy for DD. Easy to install and buckle her in.

Edited to add: We have a Nissan Versa as our only car.
                                    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

We have a Recaro.  It's OK.  I don't like how the chest clip slides up and down so much when we're putting him in/taking him out of the seat though. 

So.... I am no help except I would not recommend the Recaro :)

image        image

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We have a Britax Boulevard. It's great and super comfy for DD. Easy to install and buckle her in.

Britax Marathon or Boulevard, for pretty much all the same reasons! We have one of each and they're both easy to use, and DD likes both.
  • Options
    TheBorg7of9TheBorg7of9 member
    edited September 2015
    I love my dionos. But I had to buy an angle adjuster for $10. They have very low sides, so it's easy to get them in and out. I rearfaced DS1 in the diono until he was 3.5 years old.

Check out this website for car seat reviews and info. You are looking at "convertibles"

https://csftl.org/recommended-seats/

Also the diono is very narrow and can fit 3 across. I have also taken it on an airplane and the installation wasn't too hard.
    My TTC History:
    2009: missed miscarriage #1 at 9 weeks (trisomy 16)
    2010: Infertility
    2011: Diagnosis and treatment (low sperm count, anastrozole for DH, clomid for me + IUI)
    2012: Baby #1
    2014: Baby #2
    October 2015: missed miscarriage #2 at 11 weeks (trisomy 22)
    March 2016 BFP#5, due November 2016.

My Charts since 2009

• Options
    Chicco Next Fit Zip. It is SUPER comfy, by far more padding than all the others we tried. We travel a lot so comfort was important to us on those long road trips.
    Sides are pretty high, but the straps make it easy to get her in and out quickly.

imageimage 

http://media.thedailytouch.com/2013/08/lets-do-this-ucas-gif.gif

• Options
    Britax boulevard! Worth it! I opted for a Graco next fit when my middle guy went to a convertible. Huge mistake!
  • Options
    We love our Graco Nautilus 3-in-1! Bought one for each daughter when they moved out of the baby carrier car seat.
    DD1 is just in the booster part and DD2 is in the booster with the back. We have totally gotten our money's worth out of these babies!!  
  • Options

We love our Graco Nautilus 3-in-1! Bought one for each daughter when they moved out of the baby carrier car seat.

DD1 is just in the booster part and DD2 is in the booster with the back. We have totally gotten our money's worth out of these babies!!  
    ^^same! We love the Nautilus. I will be buying another one for baby #2!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We have the Britax Marathon and love it!
  • Options
    We also have the Graco Nautilus. Really like it. My DD seems to prefer her Evenflo Symphony though. 
    After 3 losses,our rainbow baby is finally here! DD May 2012, #2 May 2016
  • Options

We have Diono.  They are easy access AND you can sit 3 across a bench seat if you need to.

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers  Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Breast Cancer diagnosis 12/01/2010 - Survivor and Cancer free as of 03/22/2011
    BFP#1 04/12/201
    1 - fetal demise - MC 05/28/2011
    BFP#2 10/14/2011 - fetal demise - MC 12/13/2011
    BFP#3 05/30/2012 - fetal demise - MC 07/23/2012
    IVF#1 02/14/2013 - 2 Beautiful Blasts transferred
    BFP#4 02/25/2013 - BFP - MC and ectopic 03/06/2013

IFV#2 07/02/2013 -BFP#5 - 07/07/2013
    1st Beta 07/11/2013 - 483 (9dp5dt) - 2nd Beta 07/13/2013 1006 (11dp5dt)
    1st U/S 07/31/2013 - TWINS! "The Minions"
    IVF#3 BFP#6 09/01/2015 6dp5dt
    1st Beta 09/05/2015 - 105 - 2nd Beta 09/08/2015 335
    1st U/S 09/22/2015 - .......

• Options
    We have the Clek fllo. We don't drive much, but I love it. Clek is amazing, and if you call customer service and ask they will send you photos of their seats in your specific car.
  • Options
    Diono Radian. Easy install, can fit 3 across, high strap height. My 4.5 year old still fits harnessed and has a ways to go despite being 99th percentile in height. 

image image
  • Options
    This is all great stuff, ladies. Thank you!!
  • Options
    We have the Safety first all in one that goes to a shoulder harness and backless booster as well. Make sure you check out the cosco senora (I think it's called). We got this as our second and third (for the grandmoms) car seat and loveD it!
    It was like 40 bucks at Walmart and it was top 10 on consumer reports. Something to think about if you are shelling out major $ on one and DS will be riding in multiple vehicles.
  • Options
    We have diono radians for our 3.5 and 18 month old kiddos
  • Options
    We have the Evenflo Symphony for our 15 month old and are very happy with it.  We transitioned him into it at 11 months and got a really good deal on it from Costco--if you or someone you know have a membership it's quite a bit cheaper than Babies R Us--especially if there is a coupon.  I too was afraid with how big it looked, but it fits easily in my Corolla, even with with the driver seat all the way back.  Only time it's a bit of an issue is when there are two adult passangers in the back seat with the chair--but thankfully that hasn't happened very often.

Our Journey:
    DS born 05/14
    Losses 06/15, 09/15, 02/16
    DS born 12/16
    HPT+ 1/12/20

• Options
    Love, love, love our Britax Boulevards. We have one for both our 3.5 year old and 1.5 year old. Easy install, comfy, great safety.