Pregnant after a Loss

Here and terrified

Hey yall! I just moved over from the TTC group. I got a faint BFP yesterday and a digital pregnant test this morning :) I am already feeling myself panic some time more than others. I am going to be telling my husband tonight. But in the back of my mind I want to keep it to myself because if something happens again I don't want him to hurt all over. (I know he would be more hurt by me not telling him). I am so excited to be pregnant again but I am so scared. I just want to say thanks again for all the hope and support you guys give. Just reading post really does help to know I'm not alone.

Re: Here and terrified

• Welcome and congrats on your BFP!
  • Loading the player...
  • Wow- that didn't work right! Lol. Welcome and congrats! The anxiety is definitely a common thing amongst us. Wishing you some relief from the worry and a happy and healthy 9 months!
  • Thanks so much. At least I know the anxiety is normal :D so that helps
  • Totally normal!!!  Congratulations and a happy and healthy 9 months.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Welcome and congratulations! I'm sure we all have at least some level of PTSD so anxiety is normal. If you ever want to feel better, then message me! Everyone tells me how paranoid I am, so you'll probably feel perfectly calm next too me. ;)
  • @PlainJane8350 thanks and you may not want to offer cause I will totally hit you up. I feel like I am going to be a basket case this pregnancy. So maybe I will make you feel calm haha
  • Congrats and welcome!! And don't worry about worrying around here! That's what we all came here to do - find comfort in knowin we are not alone!
    Married 7/20/13
    #1 MC August 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #2 MC November 2014 @ 5 Weeks
    #3 EDD 2.17.16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've spent a lot of my pregnancy on couch potato rest, so I'm all yours. :)

Plainjane19792001@gmail.com

One thing that has helped me is e-mailing back and forth with one of my friends from college. She hasn't had a loss, but it's still nice to have someone to talk to.
  • You're definitely not alone. Thank goodness for this board. I don't feel confident enough to join the May '16 board yet, and I don't belong on the TTC After 35 board anymore. (Although I'm still checking on the girls.) I'm glad there's a place where we can worry and wonder if this is going to be for real this time.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I am totally with you on this one! I am such a basket case this time around and feel so anxious...
  • I did buy myself well the baby a small gift today. Just to allow myself to believe that this is real and he/she will stay put for another 35 weeks
  • What'd you get?!
  • Just a small cosleeper bed that I probably won't even use but I needed some positive thoughts lol I am still terrified every time I go to the bathroom that there is going to be blood (sorry tmi)
  • We just bought one of those! We were planning on using my husband's old bassinet, but took a breastfeeding class and the instructor told us that if you plan on trying to breastfeed, then she recommends a co-sleeper so good buy! I was on T.P. patrol and, not to give you any ideas, I went as far as stopped wearing black panties (because blood wouldn't show up as well on black and I wanted to know if I was bleeding). It's all totally normal considering, just stick to telling people like us and not those who haven't experienced a loss. Every time someone told me to relax and enjoy my pregnancy I wanted to punch them in the throat. O:-)
  • kimey1kimey1 member
    edited September 2015

I was on T.P. patrol and, not to give you any ideas, I went as far as stopped wearing black panties (because blood wouldn't show up as well on black and I wanted to know if I was bleeding).

@PlainJane8350 i might pick up a bunch of black undies myself. Light underwear makes all those frequent bathroom trips nerve wracking!
  • @PlainJane8350 I wear lightweight liners lol everyday. All day.
  • See?! We all do it! I would say that we should start a club...but I think that's what this is! This app only works for me half of the time, but if any of you ever want to talk please e-mail me:

Plainjane19792001@gmail.com

I'm 37 weeks today and I still worry! Granted the things that I worry about have changed a bit, but I still worry about her not moving. Yesterday we went to get our flu shots and I hadn't felt her move. My husband turned off the car to go into Walgreens and I was like, "I want to feel her move first." He started rubbing on my tummy, talking to her and she moved a bit. I almost cried. I was like, "Let me get it together or they'll think I'm scared to get a shot!" My doctor consoled me once when I was apologizing for being so crazy and told me that women who have miscarriages just know how precious life is.