Stay at Home Moms

Napping toddler at school pick up?

So my toddler has started napping later in the day just as school started. I've tried exhausting him in the morning and feeding him earlier but he won't nap any earlier than 1 hour to 30 min. before I have to pick up my oldest at school. He wakes up but sometimes falls back to sleep in the car but then wakes up and stays awake when we pick up my oldest. Any ideas or tips?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Napping toddler at school pick up?

• Hum...that's tricky. Maybe give him some quiet time in the morning and try to stretch him till after you do the pick-up. Or get someone else to pick up your older one a few days a week so your younger ones gets a longer nap a few days? Or keep working at the earlier nap time and see if things change in a few weeks?
    DS born 10/25/11 **  DD born 6/24/13 **  DS born 4/20/15
  • Well I tried something else today that worked pretty good. The toddler fell asleep 1 hour before pick up time. I popped him in the car with a sippy cup which he woke up for a bit but went back to sleep. I picked up my oldest in the drive-through line rather than walking up and the teacher assiting kids told my oldest to be quiet and not to wake the baby. It worked and he stayed asleep in the car and with me transporting him back to bed too! It kind of worked well so I do that the toddler isn't impatient waiting for my oldest.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker