July 2015 Moms
Options

Weird breathing while asleep

Just started to notice my LO who is now 6 weeks making weird noises while asleep on his back. Sounds like theres something in his throat hes trying to clear out. He spits up a lot more too now. We feed him formula and keep him upright for at least 20 minutes after a feeding. Not sure what this is but hearing his loud breathing is keeping me uo at night worrying.

Re: Weird breathing while asleep

• Options
    Our daughter has that too, but she also has acid reflux, stridor and bad sinus issues. So she always sounds clogged. It can be a lot of things...I would ask your pediatrician to see if it is normal and then if it seems to be bothering your baby, ask for things that you can do help. We out saline drops in her nose every day and night, when we shower we put her in the bouncer in the bathroom with us because of the steam, we also sit her up for 30
    Minutes after she eats and we have her lay on a baby heating blanket after every feeding too. Maybe your baby has reflux problems, maybe your baby might be sick? Could be the formula? I don't know, but if you are concerned,
    Definetely ask the pediatrician.
  • Options
    bridgitdbridgitd member
    edited September 2015
    My baby grunts and groans at night a lot but isn't sick and isn't in any discomfort. We've been told it's normal - some babies are just loud! It can also be normal for babies to spit up due to their developing digestion systems or maybe taking in too much air when feeding. There could be so many reasons for these things in your child... I'd check with your healthcare provider!