May 2015 Moms

Mini Pill

Is anyone here on the mini pill and did it make your period stop showing up? This is my first month on it and my period is 2 days late. Honestly, this is my first time taking birth control pills so I'm not sure what is normal.

Re: Mini Pill

• I haven't had a period since I started them 3 months ago.
    jodi1008
  • jodi1008jodi1008 member
    edited September 2015
    Whew! Very reassuring. Do you know why it causes that? That's nice though to skip periods... I don't miss it
    I just didn't want to be pregnant. Lol took a test today to be sure. Negative hallelujah lol
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for posting about this! I've been taking them too and I'm so nervous that I haven't had a cycle yet! I think because the mini pills don't have an "off week" the menstrual cycle is skipped.
    jodi1008
  • I got my period each month after birth but it stopped once I started taking the mini pill so I had a mini heart attack until I was like it has to be the pills lol
  • I think it's because the pill has such a low does of hormones, I think, that you have to take them consistently. Most other pills have a rest week where you have a period.
  • You are not supposed to have a period while taking the mini pill and breastfeeding ... I did have some breakthrough bleeding the first month, but nothing since ... I do take pregnancy tests quite often lol
  • Same as above - I've been on mini pill for nearly 3 months and no sign of any bleeding yet. Had a bit of a panic attack earlier reading posts about positive tests, but reassured that I'm not alone! Quite enjoy not having a period for a while!
  • Do most of you guys have your period again already?!?!
  • Well Im breastfeeding and taking mini pill and I think I got my period 2 days ago. Before it started I haven't spotted in a couple of weeks maybe 4 weeks...