September 2015 Moms
Options

Mowing the lawn

Has anyone cut the grass lately with a push mower. We just got grass put in at our house and it needs to be cut. I don't see anything wrong with it but needed a second opinion.

Re: Mowing the lawn

• Options
    I was told no after 28 weeks. But I have a very sloped yard.
  • Options
    I think if you can get someone else to do it, that would be preferable. Is their a neighbor kid you can pay $20 to go over the yard for you?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have no problem physically doing it but stopped when I learned the decibel level of the average mower is too loud for an unborn baby's ears.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @beckygoetz93 - Do you mean a true push mower? Like without a motor? If so, I would skip it if at all possible. They can be quite physically demanding, especially at this stage in the pregnancy game. If you must do it - make sure you take frequent breaks, don't strain, drink water, and do it at a cooler time of day. Be careful!
  • Options
    I'll just leave it to my husband. He just works long hours and i wanted to do it for him. But I do mean a motorized mower. That would be a hard job to do at 9 months if it didn't have a mower hahaha @bnwillia3. Thanks for the advice ladies
  • Options
    I didn't know any of this and I mowed our lawn the other day with a push mower that has a motor :(
  • Options
    @Chloecross87 hahaha I knew some people were going to think that's what the post was about. Seriously though. I can't see that lawn so I don't care. Takes way to much effort :)
  • Options

I honestly thought this thread was about shaving pubes. That's the only reason I'm here. Lol.

#aintnobodygottimeforthat

Me too!
  • Options
    My friend went into labor from mowing the lawn!
  • Options
    Oh... ha - now I can see I wasn't the only one...
  • Options
    I had thought the same as well when I first saw the post. Lol I didn't even think though about the loudness of the mower and effecting the baby's hearing! I had volunteered to selling raffle tickets for leukemia at a concert this past Friday hopefully I didn't hurt his ears!
  • Options
    I still push mow our yard. And it's pretty big. Prob 1.5 acres but there's lots of trees and it kinda swampy so too hard to do with a rider. As far as loud noises I use high velocity dryers as a dog groomer everyday and it's about the same. My dr said that it shouldn't damage the baby's hearing.
  • Options
    I never knew about the hearing. I just finished our yard with the riding mower. I secretly hoped it would put me into labor but nope.
  • Options
    I wouldn't do it because of the heat and also because of the noise.  I have been dying to pressure wash our back yard, but I'm waiting until after baby arrives because I think the machine is too loud.  
  • Options
    A big no, for me, due to both the heat and the exertion.  My husband's head would explode if I so much as entertained the idea.  He was gone for two weeks of military training in July, and it rained a TON, necessitating a lawn mowing.  I had an impossible time hiring somebody to do it (apparently here in suburbia, one-and-done lawncare doesn't exist, you have to contract for a six-month service package, no thanks), and ended up finding a family friend who could do it.  There was just no way it was happening, otherwise. 
  • Options
    There's nothing wrong with it. Just make sure you drink plenty of water if it's hot out. The walking is good for you and there is no issue with the noice. People go to concerts 10x louder and the babies are absolutely fine.