2nd Trimester

changing OBGYN

I am considering changing my doctor. I am currently 26 weeks. Is this a bad idea?? I don't care for my doctor not very personable..always seems to be in a rush. I have seen her 2-3 times my whole pregnancy and I have seen the nurse practitioner 3 times. Just not pleased!

Re: changing OBGYN

• The decision is yours and yours alone. Well yours and DH's. If you aren't pleased or comfortable, go for it. 
  • You should be comfortable throughout your pregnancy and if you are not then I would change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in the process of switching providers from a hospital based midwife to a home birth midwife. Do what you're comfortable with and don't settle for someone you don't really like. 
  • I would! I was in that position with my first. There were 2 other Drs in the practice so I just changed that way! Best choice ever!!!!! Now I think I'll do the same. I'm in a different area, but the nurse and dr were so unprofessional!!!! I wanted to cry!
  • What is your definition of unprofessional
    BabyFetus Ticker

DD May 2005 MC Nov. 2012
    MC Aug. 2014
    Chemical Feb. 2015
  • kristen2bkristen2b member
    edited September 2015

I would! I was in that position with my first. There were 2 other Drs in the practice so I just changed that way! Best choice ever!!!!! Now I think I'll do the same. I'm in a different area, but the nurse and dr were so unprofessional!!!! I wanted to cry!

Oh @armywife8289 did you finally see a dr?
  • kristen2b said:
    I would! I was in that position with my first. There were 2 other Drs in the practice so I just changed that way! Best choice ever!!!!! Now I think I'll do the same. I'm in a different area, but the nurse and dr were so unprofessional!!!! I wanted to cry!
    Oh @armywife8289 did you finally see a dr?
    And were you able to fix your insurance and get a better sonogram? 
  • @armywife8289 I am glad that you finally were able to get to see a doctor. Going this far without prenatal care can be scary. Did you ever get it confirmed if you are having twins or not? I know you were pretty anxious about it. Best of luck to you. Hope everything turned out for you. :)

OP if you are having problems with your OB switching now would be best. I wouldn't wait too much longer though.

• I switched from a dr and practice that seemed a bit incompetent to a hospital based midwife. I'm so glad I did. If you and your doctor are not meshing well, I'd say switch! Just do your research before choosing a new practice to go to do you won't have to switch again.