GTKY: What are you wearing right now?

^ I am aware of how creepy that sounds in hindsight lol

Me: 29  DH: 31
Married 10/13/12
TTC Since 8/2016

Re: Monday Ticker Change 8/31

• Options

Week: 10

What's new with baby (size, development): a nasty, gross looking prune according to TB or an adorable petit four according to ovia. I'll take the dessert please.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Still not much. I have to schedule another u/s for sometime next week or the week after to keep an eye on my SCH.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Nausea all of the time. Finally past the complete exhaustion so I guess that's nice.

GTKY: What are you wearing right now? Currently in navy khakis, a yellow top and beige pointy flats, but when I am not at work you can usually find me in sweats.

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    Week 12!

I'm researching baby gear currently - FTM - and will be looking through hospital classes soon and deciding what to sign up for. I've already got on the waiting lists of top daycare choices! The waitlists in my area are ridiculous, so you've got to start early to get an infant in.

I'm so sick of being sick! And tired! I'm ready for the second trimester already!

Maxi dresses are my new bff, so that's what I'm living in for the time being.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    J234J234 member

Week: 14!  yippee!  

What's new with baby (size, development): I'm not sure, I haven't seen my own ticker yet.  Lemon, I think.  

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby:  We are finally starting to tell people.  Told the 3yo yesterday.  

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Holy bloat.. that is all.  Not so tired anymore, not so nauseous... yay!  

GTKY: What are you wearing right now? a stretchy knit pencil skirt and dressier t-shirt.  I had on ballet flats too... Office Casual.  Nothing maternity today.  :)  

• Options
    Week: 13

What's new with baby (size, development): a peach, or a matchbox car, which is cool, too.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: nothing at the moment. I'm thinking I'll have to start tackling the spare room soon, so it can be turned into a nursery. And I'm thinking of cute ways to tell my students. I won't be able to hide the bloat belly much longer! Any ideas???

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: energy is coming back, but I've noticed I've been getting more back aches lately. Seems like things are starting to move around and shift.

Just got home from work, so a maxi skirt, long tank and cardigan.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    My due date was changed from 3/3 to 3/7, so I am joining you lovely Monday babes!

Week: 13

What's new with baby (size, development): baby is now the size of a peach!

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Just finishing up telling immediate family before we let the cat out of the bag to everyone else...

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: My symptoms are pretty much all but gone in the past couple days and it makes me super nervous. I hate the in between time where you don't have symptoms, but can't feel baby move quite yet...

GTKY: What are you wearing right now? Jeans and a baggy (read: comfortable) sweatshirt.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Finally have a chance to do my update for the first time in about 4 weeks.

Week:11

What's new with baby (size, development): Amazing things as usual!! Saw baby in ultrasound @ week 9. He/she is very active baby. Moved so much we had to do a second read on the heart beat cuz the moving interrupted the first reading.

What's something new you are doing to get ready for baby: Already starting to rub coca butter on belly.. More for me than baby but we will see if it works. If not, I'm not too concerned but if it does that's always a plus.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: MS has left the building and I hope it's gone for good!!! My appetite is something fierce and I need to pee ALL THE TIME! Weekdays are so crazy I have spent the last three Sunday's trying to catch up on sleep. Also, I have had a blasted cold since Tuesday. Wah

PJ's
  • Options
    @zephyrlt
    "And I'm thinking of cute ways to tell my students. I won't be able to hide the bloat belly much longer! "

I have no idea how to even go about this. I have first graders so it feels so weird to even tell them because they are so young. I also don't know when/how I should notify my parents. Do I just let them figure it out on their own??
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 I'm also struggling with how and when to tell parents. I teach sophomores through seniors, and my seniors are already on baby watch! They ask me all the time if I want kids and they want to throw me a party

• Options
    @JLaVO888
    I'll write a letter to parents before I go on maternity, but otherwise I think I'll just let the news reach them through their students. I'm in a very small school, so everyone will know soon!

• Options
    I'm not a parent so I don't know if they would appropriate the heads up that I will be gone in March or if it's just TMI for most. At this point I have only met them once or twice so it's like a stranger saying "hey... I'm preggers!"
  • Options
    JLaVO888JLaVO888 member
    edited September 2015
    @zephyrlt

Also, supper sweet that they want to throw you a party!
  • Options
    @JLaVO888 hahaha, yeah but the first day of school they told me I couldn't get pregnant until second semester so I wouldn't be out on maternity during their senior year. I have a feeling they'll be both bummed and excited when I tell them I'm due in March.

I bet 1st graders will be so happy for you! What a cute age!

• Options
    JLaVO888 said:

@zephyrlt
    "And I'm thinking of cute ways to tell my students. I won't be able to hide the bloat belly much longer! "

I have no idea how to even go about this. I have first graders so it feels so weird to even tell them because they are so young. I also don't know when/how I should notify my parents. Do I just let them figure it out on their own??

I was teaching first grade when I was pregnant with my DD. My school actually had a policy for telling parents, and I was required to send a note home from our principal, prior to telling my students. You may want to ask your principal if she has any thoughts on when/how to tell your class.
    Pregnancy Ticker